New QB commit out of Oregon

Viewing 6 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Utah-Utes-football-recruiting-BREAKING-NEWS-Utes-land-commitment-from-Oregon-QB-142759230/

Cooper Justice. Had D1 baseball offers but focused on Football his senior year.  Already is in a run heavy offense. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

6’6 235 lb southpaw with some speed and a strong arm from baseball. Looks like a bit of a project that could end up a diamond in the rough.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Interesting.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

6’6 and 235 is the most interesting part to me. Already has that baseball body and is a lefty. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Too big to be a safety.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

I don’t know about that.  How tall was ROJO?  LOL!!!

DrahtUte
          Ute Fan
          @drahtute

Glad to have him on the team but am I the only one who really hates watching southpaws?

User Suspended
      @a2ute

LOL!  After a year of recruiting, this is what o’l kwhitt brings us at the QB position.  Unbelievable 

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Good Morning Sunshine!

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

You’ve already forgot about THIS QB recruit whom Whittingham brought into THIS class….?

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/jake-bentley-3627

And that’s not to mention that THIS guy will be eligible in 2020 as well…

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/cameron-rising-2365

Cooper Justice isn’t a great recruit, but what we STILL have much better depth at the QB position than we’ve had in YEARS!  We’ll be fine!  Relax!

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

There are at least two sports sites available to the non-paying public that discuss Cooper Justice. He was injured in HS so his development was arrested some. Also, he was a two-sport athlete who enjoyed a host of D1 offers to play baseball, pitcher. At some point during his senior year, he decided to devote himself to football.

I watched film on him and while I am no expert, he has a strong arm, does a great job of hanging in the pocket to find the open guys, he can scramble and still complete long passes, and he is elusive, breaking multiple one arm tackles. He has a terrific frame at 6’6″ to 6’7″ and 230-235 pounds.

Justice comes from an affluent part of town (Lake Oswego) south of Portland. He is a top 30 HS player in the state.

Andy Ludwig recruited CJ and I think he will a great get, particularly considering the Florida prep QB Katravis Marsh. Ludwig also went after Tate Rodemaker, the sensational under-rated Georgia prep, who did not want to be so far from home. He signed with FSU. I trust that Ludwig is a good judge of talent and I know he can develop it. I believe Justice is a late bloomer and now that he is solely focused on football, will be able to develop quickly under Ludwig. He will likely RS next season, but take reps on the scout team.

I’m actually quite excited that Utah has his commitment.

1 7

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Welp, you’all can’t use the this Utah class has the “highest star average” anymore.  Dropped to .8677  

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Star geek

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Up to 87.04 for those that care…

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Troll post at its finest. Some of us are starting to catch on. Maybe you should go tell Ed Orgeron to eat bag of dicks for bringing in QB’s from the transfer portal. Justin Herbert won the PAC 12 as a grad transfer…Jaylen Hurts, etc.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Yeah, f**k that Bentley guy. Cam rising? Trash.

1 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Tony, the reply function when I do recent posts on my mobile web browser isn’t working right.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Maybe it is because you are replying to people I have blocked. Come enjoy a blissful Utehub and block the losers who only want to bring you down. This is a great pickup diamond in the rough yes great analogy because Utah develops talent better than any school in my opinion. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Can you give me more info? 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I go to the recent post tab (note this is even on my laptop) I hit reply, but it just kicks the post to the bottom of the page rather than immediately under the post I want to reply to.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Seems to me a kid named Smith got to Utah the same way…….

Robert Snell
        Ute Fan
        @desertdog

Hopefully, they let this kid pitch for the Ute baseball team as well. They could use some help on the bump.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Another big point.  In the era of QB free agency, a project like this with high upside likely gives us some needed depth for 4 years.  Worst case, he fills in the Drew Lisk role for several years.  Best case, he develops into a real talent. 

I think it’s a great commit for our current situation.  I’d like to see a big time QB recruit next year, but the addition of Bentley makes a recruit like Cooper Justice a perfect for.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football New QB commit out of Oregon