Next Coach?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      14 2

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

I would be very comfortable with Scalley as the next coach.

He has trained inttimately with the master, and would be, by far, the most likely to continue our success in the future.

Sure, he ‘might’ tank the program, but that is far less likely than with an outside hire.

And, if Whitt stays on as advisor for a while, that should ease the transition even more.

Go Utes!

4 18

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I think we need to move past the idea that Scalley is going to be the next head coach. That ship has sailed.

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

I disagree, while it’s not the guarantee it once was, Scalley is definitely still the leader in the clubhouse for the job after Kyle retires. He’s a fantastic coach and is a Utah Man through his soul.  I think he’d be the perfect candidate to continue building on what Kyle has done.

3 4

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

I don’t think it matters what we as fans want or prefer. As as long as Harlan is AD, my belief is that Scalley will not a viable successor.

4 1

UtTroutHunter
            Ute Fan
            @uttrouthunter

I might be wrong here, but I think Whitt outlasts Harlen at Utah. Harlen and Utah have been far from a match made in heaven. 

1 1

UteFanatic
              Ute Fan
              @utefanatic

This could be true. And if it plays out that way, things might be different. 

Trailgoat
              Ute Fan
              @utahgoat

Harlan’s a bag of wind. He will take another job before KW retires to protect his own self promotion. 

MDUte
              Ute Fan
              @mdute

Please explain. I hadn’t heard anything negative about Harlan and thought he’s been doing a great job.

AlohaUte
              Ute Fan
              @alohaute

What’s going on between Harlan and the U?

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

Hopefully Mr. Whittingham stays for a long time, but I think I would be okay with Scalley as the next coach.

Only problem is that Scalley had a pretty ugly, public blunder. I think I could get past it; I am all for giving second chances to those who demonstrate willingness to change. However, I am not so sure how the powers-that-be feel on the matter. Also, I am not sure how recruits feel about him due to that past event; this is a very important angle to consider.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Scalley would have my vote.  But, that means nothing.

UTEopia
      Ute Fan
      @uteopia

I like Scalley and he has a lot of good qualities, but I would prefer an offensive minded coach.

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I am 100% in Morgan getting the job. Hopefully Shah is promoted to DC.

Going outside the program would be foolish. The #1 thing Utah football has going for it is the culture. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.