Nice article on Utah’s 2021 offense

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I think the biggest unknown is who will start at RB.  My guess is Bernard in game 1.  

Ute Offense

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

My guess is Fuamatu-Ma’afala.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

The first Utah player I really remembered.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Such a bad Ma’afala teams had to tackle him by the balls to try and stop him.
          Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Fu and I are the same age. Our freshman year we were next door neighbors in the old dorms. Most people don’t know that he was super homesick that first year. He was putting up big numbers on the field in spite of that. When he wasn’t playing football or studying, he mostly played Hawaiian folk music on the guitar in the dorm common area. He usually drew a pretty good crowd.

Most people also don’t know that his next door neighbor on the other side was Andre Miller. Hilarity usually ensued when they were together.

The funniest memory I have of Fu: His mom liked to send him food from Hawaii in the mail, which was a big morale boost for him. Once she actually sent an entire pineapple cake…a really big one. He brought his cake out to our dining area; at the same time I went to the kitchen to make some mac and cheese. 10 minutes later when my mac and cheese was done, I brought it over to Fu’s table and sat down. He had already eaten the entire cake! I took a shocked pause, we made eye contact for a minute, and then Fu looked at my mac and cheese and said “you gonna eat that?” Man that guy could eat!

He was a really nice, quiet, and soft-spoken guy, in stark contrast to his style of play on the field. One of my favorite acquaintances in college.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Fantastic story man. Love it.

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

Great story.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Love the story, thanks for sharing!

Dallas
          Ute Fan
          @dallas

When I was at the U I always wondered where the football players were. I rightly expected to recognize them since random huge black guys would stand out on campus, but I never saw any football players…until I took a bowling class. Lots of footballers in there. I bowled with Brice McCain, Sean Smith, and Darrell Mack. There were others but I didn’t recognize them. I’m a better bowler than Darrell.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Nice article on Utah’s 2021 offense