Night before the Wazzu game feelings?

Viewing 10 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well I am kind of not feeling great about this game again. I feel like Utah’s  philosophy should work to get a win. Buttttttttt…. it usually doesn’t against Leach. 

Dline needs to be the star. They need to really show out and live up to the hype. That Max Borghi is a hard cover and needs special attention.  The second star obviously needs to be that defensive backfield for Utah. If the Dline isn’t getting it done they need to stop giving up the big play. 

Offensively need to score points. There will be chances hopefully the home field advantage shakes off the redzone problems. I want to see plenty of Vickers. Huntley needs to make faster decisions and maybe it leads to a turnover or maybe we get a big play. Gotta ball out. 

Utah needs to score 35 or maybe more to get it done.  I am predicting 42-28. I am saying we win the turnover margin big time. Lloyd gets a pick six tomorrow. Gordon may not finish the game.(Not wishing injury but our defensive front is nasty!)

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah this week has sucked and I’m hoping tomorrow night we win and that will help my mood a bit. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

After all that build up and hype before the SC game I didn’t listen to anything all week. Obviously it doesn’t affect the outcome of the game. But hey try something new. Instead I listened to Post Malone all week. Speaking of his new music video anyone recognize the canyon??

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Wazzu QBs get rid of the ball so quick it makes it hard for the DL to have much of an impact. This game will come down to our DBs being able to cover and our offense being able to score more than they have shown so far which hasn’t been much. 16 against BYU, 35 against NIU, 31 against Idaho State, 23 against USC. That type of offense won’t get it done against Leach’s boys.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Well let’s have your prediction @utethunder. I am sure you draw no pleasure from it but you have been the most correct about this team this season. Although I think this Moss injury has really phased the team. 

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

I have us winning a close one somewhere in the neighborhood of 27-25 or 37-35.

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

I actually think that scalley’s ability (or lack thereof) to confuse the WSU QBs enough to allow his defense to force turnovers or get sacks is the key.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Utah is going to kick some pirate booty.

1 5

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Still convinced I won’t be watching the game. I’ll watch the recording if things go well. I fully expect a loss.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Odd. I’ve watched the Utes play a hell of a lot of good games which they didn’t win. 

1 4

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I totally understand. It’s not normal, or maybe it is, I don’t know. I’m not saying I won’t watch if they don’t win, but if it isn’t a quality game, I’m not wasting my time. Last week’s game was anything but quality. It was infuriating.

On top of that, I’m not one of those fans that can just let it roll off my back, call it a good game, and move on when we lose. If we are playing a superior opponent, I can get there if we play a clean game and still lose, but we are talented enough this year that those games won’t exist. If we play how we should, we are better than anyone in the Pac12. Unfortunately, we don’t play like that 50% of the time it seems (that could be my emotions talking).

If I could watch the games and just let it go when we lose without having to spend an hour or two venting my frustration in some way, I would do it, but I can’t, so I am choosing not to watch.

Call me a bad fan if you want, It’s the best choice for me and my family. I’m spending the day with my son tomorrow (he’s too young to care about football, and I’m on the fence deciding whether or not I should push him to care or not TBH. He’s an emotional kid, and I’m not sure it’s worth it ATM).

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Best football is still Utah football. Enjoy all the games we get every year personally. 

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

agreed. I won’t be watching any football if I’m not watching Utah football. If they can turn it around and consistently play clean football (see: not totally failing to do the simplest of things in football like batting a jump ball down once every 4 tries at least, if not then at least tackling the guy that catches the ball you should have batted down, or scoring a touchdown inside the 5 yard line 75% of the time, or not giving up safeties at crucial moments in the game, not fumbling handoffs, actually blocking someone when you are an offensive lineman or tight end, changing the snap count when they clearly know exactly when you are going to snap the football… oh yeah, and not getting a holding penalty every time you have a play go for more than 5 yards).

Charlie
                Ute Fan
                @charlie

You have to work at it because watching football is awesome. Even if you are emotionally involved. I was once where you are but no more. It may be too late for you to play or know a player but if you did you would know how difficult it is to not make mistakes. Try coaching football, even kids, and you discover even with everything done as right as possible mistakes happen. Last, understand the other side has a plan also. Simply tell yourself you won’t be one of those guys with temper.

chinngiskhaan
                  Ute Fan
                  @chinngiskhaan

I don’t flip out. I’m not one of those guys… but I can’t just let it go. It stays on my mind for at least the rest of the day.

Kyle is a family friend, as was Brian Johnson. I get that players make mistakes sometimes. At USC was different than a few guys making a mistake here and there though. Blackmon has been making those same game losing mistakes since last year. The tight ends have been horrible blockers all year. I could keep going. If those things happen as isolated incidents I can let it go, but they all happened essentially simultaneously. That was awful awful football. I’m not wasting my time watching that.

The pac12 refs played a big part in making it awful as well.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

My gut feeling is a lot better than last week. Last Friday just didn’t feel right.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

My gut feeling is better too than last Friday.  Mainly because I’ve had a lot less tacos.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Last time I missed a Utah game to go see a concert, they thumped Arizona.

I’ll be at a concert tomorrow night, so I expect similar results.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

I’m feeling confident about the game. The moment got too big for the Utes last week. They don’t handle high expectations well. Never have.

But that’s all over now. Tomorrow they’ll get back to playing smart, hard-nosed football again.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Man…hard saying. Utes historically don’t match up well against high octane spread offenses. The pass rush pressure has been a mystery. If Utes played every team the likes of Stanford I would be more confident. WSU will score points, can the Utes keep up? Losing Moss is an understatement. ZM creates a lot of energy and leadership that lifts the team. Oh and is one of the the top three RBs in the nation. Late night madness could work in the Utes favor. Go Utes!

idahoute
      Ute Fan
      @tfute

We are about to enter a track race tomorrow night.  Someone mentioned the D-line and the Secondary need to step up but really it’s the LB play in coverage that will make the difference.  (Our LB’s are NOT better than last year).  If you watch WSU they throw short but more importantly they throw A LOT over the middle which keeps me up at night.  (Huntley doesn’t see the middle because his internal clock is too short and he bolts early to make a play with his legs and then eliminates half the field running laterally.  You watch Eason, Gordon even ZWilson step up in the pocket when they feel pressure and throw over the LB.  That is next level ability Huntley doesn’t have.  Sorry I digress obviously another topic)

If we start slow which is Ute football we will lose the race in the end.  If we convert early and then slow it down to a grind we will win.  Gut feeling…

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

If it’s a track meet we are screwed because our offense hasn’t been able to get out of the blocks, let alone sprint down the track.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I think our D was embarrassed last week. Especially the secondary. That’s a pride full group. WSU doesn’t have the same athletes and we are at home. I expect a fired up U team. Everyone is doubting them again. This is the position they thrive in.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Night before the Wazzu game feelings?