Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Eh .. still has to translate on the field; looks good on paper tho

2 1

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

Do you ever get tired of being so negative. Damn you must be fun to go to parties with.

2 4

User Suspended
          @a2ute

Take big swig, swirl around in your mouth… what’s it taste like?  it tastes like reality.  Utes are as good as they recruit… about 30th

1 1

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Maybe they can land a few more highly touted recruits with offers to SUU, and SLCC when they venture out on snowmobiles…

mfaulk80
      Ute Fan
      @mfaulk80

ASU landed a terrific class of skill players….but they don’t have an offensive line to block for those players.  That’s exactly what they put on the field this year as well.  Maybe they have some diamond in the roughs, but I doubt it.  They are losing most of their reps from the offensive line this year, and that line wasn’t pretty.  They’ll have zero seniors on the line next year though, so maybe 2021 will be better.  Even then, their recruiting in the offensive trenches hasn’t been nearly as impressive.  

They have enough talent that they’ll make some noise, but I still think it’s a battle between USC-ASU-Utah.  Colorado is coming on strong, and I’m still not sure what to think of UCLA.  

While we may not be as competitive as we’d like on a national level (yet), we should still continue to battle for the Pac-12 South every year.  Our recruiting isn’t where it needs to be, but it’s also continuing to head in the right direction (albeit slower than we’d like to see as fans).

3 6

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

For as much money utah dumps in recruiting I would’ve expected better than 7th in the Pac ; unless they’re using that on “vacationing” as well……BYU should look into auditing 😉

4 1

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

We are having the best recruiting class we’ve ever had.  We just landed the highest rated commit we’ve ever had.  Add in the 5 RMs and transfer QB and it’s a pretty good looking class.  Plus there is room for 2-3 more recruits that can sign this year and another sign and send or two.  We only have “17” new signees and they average .87, which is the highest average rating we’ve had.

We are doing quite well considering how new we are to P5.  We’ve already passed up quite a few programs in the conference on an annual basis.  This program is still being built and some of you guys on here are irrational about where you think we should be.

3 1

Tednab
            Ute Fan
            @tednab

relax I was being sarcastic .. except the vacationing part lol

2 2

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Herm is selling the hell out of ASU and it’s starting to pay off. Their oline issues they can resolve with the transfer portal. Having elite playmakers is the hard part. With Daniels, Ngata, and their WR group- ASU is going to be a thorn.

3 2

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

OC dysfunction the past 10 years has probably hurt Utah recruiting. The message we hear from Utah is how it takes years to build up recruiting yet ASU, CU, and UCLA with 2nd year coaches have stepped in with recruiting classes a head of Utah. ASU has 7-four start recruits. Ute defensive recruiting solid. Offense recruiting I’m guessing impacted by the lack of offensive OC and lack of offensive identity. Hopefully Ludwig will turn it around if his at Utah for the long haul. 

4 2

User Suspended
        @a2ute

Yup, there are several utehub’ers who feel since we’ve only been in the PAC12 for ten years we shouldn’t expect nice things until say 2083.

All of a sudden ASU is the place to go….I wonder what caused that?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Because those teams just barely joined a P5 conference.

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Average star rating Utah is still 5th. ASU moves up to 3rd.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Well…. No need to play the games, no need to watch a spring practice? Except it is not that simple. I will wait to see how ASU replaces Benjamin and wait to see what happens with the utes in spring practice. ASU has much more to do than sign some kids to get to the top of the south. They could easily move back a spot as much as move up.

Let’s wait to see the mystery as to how Whitt replaces all the 3* all conference players.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

That Johnny777 or whatever was  BYU troll. I don’t smoky, but going out to that smoking section in the South End zone area, loaded with BYU weirdos. 

I came after the 80s lovefest for BYU. Utah is no longer in recruiting battles with BYU. Clubs have discovered the Utah pipeline.

Utah must own their territory. When I tailgated or boatgaited at a Washington game, they admitted that Utah has more talent in HS more than Colorado, Washington, Oregon etc. 

We cannot let the top guys get away. Utah is probably in the top 15 states of guys going in the NFL from high school. 

This year was a big step. I think Morgan Scalley will crush it if he becomes the head coach.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I saw some stat earlier this year that had the state of Utah ranked 3rd (per capita) for sending high school players to D1 programs.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.