One guy on offense and defense you’re looking forward to watching the most

Viewing 10 reply threads

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Defense: Marquise Blair – Probably the most exciting defensive player to watch.  The guy flies all over the field and hits as hard as anyone.  I will be interested to see if his injury changes his game at all.  HM: Chase Hansen(because of his move to LB)

Offense: WRs(yep, I cheated) – I am very interested to see who steps up as our #1 guy.  My guess is Bryan Thompson, but Boyd, Mariner, Simpson, Enis, and Nacua all have the talent to do so also.  It’s also looked at as our weak point on offense, but I think we are much better off than people think.  Covey, Dixon, Perriman, and Vickers are all great options in the slot and should be very fun to watch.  

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Leki Fotu – he has the ability of Star with a better body. Can’t wait to see him realize that potential. 

I’m going the obvious route here: Zack Moss. I can’t wait to see how many more bodies end up in the graveyard. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I desperately want Moss to Kelvin York some BYU players.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Hahaha. Yes. So much yes. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

You know Leki is the real deal when Whitt compared him to Luther Elliss. That is not a comparison to take lightly.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

My choice: offense= Huntley if he can step up on decision making he’ll be a dark horse heisman

Defense: JJ dude will be a monster this year.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Good call. I can’t wait to see Blackmon, Johnson and Guidry. There are so many great WR’s in the conference. I can’t wait to see them battle this fall. 

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

Def:  Fotu – If he makes a leap at all from last year to this year, he might be the best D tackle the U has ever had. Dude is a monster already and is gonna eat up double and triple teams every play. We might get back to Sack Lake status with him clogging up the middle.

Off:  Dixon – Redshirted last year, but just seems to have that it factor, plus he was the favorite target all spring, dude might ball out.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

At PAC-12 media days, someone asked Whitt who Fotu reminded him of. They brought up Star. 

Whitt said that Fotu had more potential than that. Whitt said the only other player at Utah who has had so much natural ability was Luther Ellis. 

So, there is that. 😁

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Jeezuz!

if he realizes his potential he is going to make our defense so much better than last year

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Anae/Fotu

Blackmon/Johnson

Blair/Ballard

Hansen/Bernard

Huntley

Falemaka/Barton

Thompson/SIMPKINS/Boyd

Is that too many??

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think everyone is so busy looking for a WR savior and they want to be the “I said it first guy” so they focus on Boyd (but now Thompson is finally being mentioned more) that we gloss over Simpkins. 

He is PRIMED for a big year. 

32utahutes
          @32utahutes

I think Simpkins is going to be our most productive WR. Boyd and Thompson are so talented so people fall in love with them (I do too, btw. Can’t wait for them to break out) but Simpkins will be WR1

sacute
      Ute Fan
      @sacute

D—Bradley Anae, he was on the cusp of being a Nate Orchard reincarnated.
      O—Samson Nacua, he made some big catches last year as a true freshman.  However, he’s got to stay away from penalties and he has a lot of competition in the slot (Covey).

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Shelley and Blair.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Moss and JJ

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

Thomas Yassmin.  

I know now he will make zero impact this year, but I want to see if he looks like an American football player.  I think we’d be unstoppable with a TE-HBack with that kind of speed next year.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Good pick, would be fun to watch him become a top TE.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Offense: Huntley. I am particularly interested in his passing game. Last year he relied upon Carrington quite a bit. In the Spring, he seemed to be spreading it around much better. He is dangerous in RPO, and I think we will see much more of the P.

Defense: Hansen. One issue I noticed for us on defense last year were swing and sideline passes to the back from the backfield. That may be a Mike linebacker responsibility, but I am hoping Hansen can be used to minimize those gashes for YAC up the sideline.

Chris
      Ute Fan
      @crheadog

Moss and Yasmin at Linebacker! Would’t that be cool?

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football One guy on offense and defense you’re looking forward to watching the most