Viewing 5 reply threads

wcrunner
      Ute Fan
      @wcrunner

From today’s Oregonian

Utah, Dec. 5 at Rice-Eccles Stadium

2019 gameUtes, 52-7 in Corvallis

Key losses: QB Tyler Huntley, RB Zack Moss, DE Bradley Anae

What to know: Oregon State won’t see the same defense as it did in 2019, when Utah’s pressure overwhelmed the Beavers on the way to a 52-7 win. Only two defensive starters return, though Utah being Utah, the Utes are unlikely to fall significantly on defense. There are some concerns on offense, too, with the loss of key leaders/producers in Huntley and Moss. But four of five offensive line starters return, as does the Utes’ top receiver from 2019 in tight end Brent Kuithe. Bottom line: Utah won’t be as formidable as last season, but a first-to-last fall in South is unthinkable. The Utes remain a South force.

Projected line: Utes by 7

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

That’s about as fair as it gets.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Utes by 7?  I think we’ll beat that spread.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

well the spread will likely be 17-20

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

It says there are concerns with the offense. I’m more concerned with the defense than I am the offense. I feel like the offense could actually be pretty good, even without Moss and Huntley.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Utes by 21

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Utes may not win by 40+ like last year, however, I would be shocked to see this as close as 7 points in SLC.  Our seniors were awesome last year, but we produce new leaders on the team quickly when the old ones leave.  I expect ASU and USC to battle with Utah for the south.  Likely, the unknowns for all three will be greater than anything we know right now and will continue until we are done.  Tie breaker criteria, like who beat the fourth best team, may be the difference.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Will we have fans in the stands?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Why not USC? If it comes down to ASU or Utah, Utah is winning the south. ASU is so freaking overrated this year. Everyone looks at Daniels and thinks ASU is suddenly great. Daniels has a new OL, new WR’s, new RB’s. Everyone around him is new. And those new skill position players? Most are true freshmen that are going to be expected to step in and be great. 

Don’t bet on ASU this year. Do it next year. 

What will happen is everyone will hype up ASU this year, they will stumble and next year everyone will sleep on ASU and they will win 10-11+ games. 

Forget about ASU this year. 2021? Hype up ASU. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I agree. Their O line last year was terrible so unless they get that shored up, I don’t think they’ll be great. USC still has a s**t ton of talent and now they have a decent OC. If Clay Helton stays out of the way, they could win all of their games.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Oregonian article