Home against U$C
      At ASU
      Home against Furd
      At UCLA
      Home against The Beavs
      Home against UofPay
      At Wazzu
      At Utah

Colorado State, ASU, Stanford, Arizona and Washington State are the best chances, but 2 of those games are road games and 3 of those games are later in the season when injuries / depth will become an issue.

Just don’t see it.

Go Utes

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Colorado State and? 

beckrich73
        Ute Fan
        @beckrich73

CSU and Stanford. Possibly ASU and maybe Arizona.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

FPI gives their best chances as

Vs Colorado St 66.3%
      Vs Stanford 42.8%
      Vs Arizona 34.1%
      Vs Nebraska 28.4%
      @ Arizona St 23.4%
      @ Wazzu 21.4%

I think they get three (or more) wins. Surprised that people are marking Nebraska as a game they don’t have a chance in

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

They have a chance against NU, but NU definitely has the superior HC.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Sanders has justified pushing out many of the old players because they only won one game last year.

Do the new players not realize the same will be true of them one year from now?

1 2

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

I personally believe Colorado gets 6 wins coming against Nebraska, Colorado State, Arizona State, Stanford, Arizona, and Washington State. It’s hard to know though since they had so much roster turnover, and I could easily see them losing to any of those teams as well. But they have the 20th ranked recruiting class (including transfer portal) and have 59 commits, which is by far the most in college football. I think they’ll be a much improved team but still not quite competing for a pac-12 championship yet.

Edit: After reading more threads below, you guys convinced me to come down to 4 wins for Colorado lol.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Not a troll: 

Seems like 100% a trap game for Utah. 

That cold Black Friday in 2011 will forever haunt me. One of the worst experiences at Rice Eccles ever. Close second would be TCU on 2010.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

2011 was BEFORE Utah had the talent and depth that they now have.

There is a HUGE talent and depth gap between Utah and CpU (Coach Prime U).

I don’t see it as a trap game.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Everyone seems to have a different definition of trap. I guess I am premature in assuming Utah is hopefully in the running for the P12 championship game for 2023. So Colorado always has the potential for a trap because of where it lands and their inferior status. 

BD
        Ute Fan
        @flyfisherman

Could be a trap game, but I think more likely it will be a must win game. Win the game and go to the conference championship, for example. Worst case might be if the conference championship is already decided and Utah needs to win to get to a better bowl. Either case, Utah should be motivated to win the game.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Every game in college is must win. Especially play in games in 2011 with fall ass backwards chance of going to the title game with no USC. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

You, like many of us, are scarred for life. 

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Colorado is now a 100% toxic program. They had been heading that way for a number of years with their coaching carousel but it’s official now with the b.s. Sanders is pulling with the old players. 

We Utes should appreciate more than just about any other fan base the value of a good team culture. Kyle has outperformed teams with significantly higher recruiting rankings for decades now because of his success in building the right team culture. 

High performing teams in sports, business or any other area have enjoy working together and are all working together to execute their strategy. Kyle achieves that very consistently. 

Colorado’s going to be suffering the impacts of having a lousy program culture for a very long time. Getting some highly ranked players isn’t going to fix that. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Our “rivals”