Pac 12 .. What a joke

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Conversation

MHver3
      @MHver3
      So I was told the proposed breakdown for unequal revenue sharing for PAC. You ready for this?
      Oregon/Washington 16.5% each. Stanford/Cal 13.5% each. The other 6 split the remaining 40% equally.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

MHver3
      @MHver3
      And the killer for Utah is that even tough they are valued in the top half the one Power conference that they have a shot at may not really want them because they have a school in that market and lower valued schools like AZ are actually higher valued to B12. The BYU factor

4 1

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

As much as I don’t want to be reunited with TDS, if that’s what will be, we’re better off bailing and joining the Big12 than staying in the PAC12. I’m sure the “four corners” teams will all go in that event. The remaining PAC6 will either have to add half the MWC, or play more non-conference games than conference games, mostly made up of group of five teams anyway. Good luck!

11 1

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I have been lucky to have watched the Utes go from the wac to the pac and seen some amazing games, it’s been a good ride .. greed has truly ruined this game

charlesh
      Ute Fan
      @charlesh

MHver3 is a fake. Doesn’t know anything.

Northendzone Ute5
      Ute Fan
      @northendzoneute5

MHver3 = click bait

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Jason Scheer (Arizona writer at 247) claimed that he’d heard from inside sources that ESPN offered $24.5M. But it’s possible that the $24.5M was just “Arizona’s” offer — not what’s being offered to the PacNW flagship and NorCal schools. If the 16.5% / 13.5% / 40%-remaining split is accurate, that would amount to an ESPN offer of $367.5M, whereby UW/UO get $60.6M, Cal/Stan get $49.6M, and everybody else gets $24.5M.

And if that’s true, then I say screw ’em. Let the 4 corner schools go to the Big 12, and UW, UO, Cal, and SU can figure out how they’re going to get that $60.6/$49.6M on their own.

Or….UW, UO, Cal, and SU can bite the bullet, and accept $36.8M/school, just like everybody else.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

100% screw them, if that’s true. The Big 12 becomes a bit more enticing to me every day that passes. Stanford & Cal getting more than Utah? Please.

2 4

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I’ll probably delete my profile from this blog because this is completely pathetic. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

That guy spouts BS all day long. Once the exclusive negotiation window with ESPN is expired, there will be a small bidding war for the Pac. There’s a lot of value in Pac-10 games, and the final media package will be much better than reported. I personally think the conference stays together, and may not even expand.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

I think they stay together if there is equal payouts .. if Washington and Oregon keeps their greed in check it will benefit the conference and them ; if not the conference is done

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

UW’s and UO’s greed is yet another reason why the Pac-12 should raid the Big 12 of it’s best 4 TX and OK schools.  If the Pac becomes a 14-team league, it makes UW’s and UO’s votes more irrelevant.  And they can threaten to leave all they want, but with Tx Tech, Okla St, BU, and TCU in the league, the Pac-12 will still be able to thrive.  Those 2 PacNW teams will bolt at the first invitation from the BigTen and/or SEC anyway, and if neither super conference invites them, what are they gonna do?  Join the MWC?  Go independent?  Nope.  If the Big 12 is still alive, it’ll be a midmajor conference, so they won’t go there either.

Unequal revenue sharing won’t fly.  That’s one of the reasons why CU, NU, MU, and Tx A&M all fled the Big 12.  Unequal revenue sharing will be the reason why teams will flee the Pac-12 too if UW and UO don’t remember their “Animal Farm”.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Think in 2025 bigxii will have a few teams looking to leave after their TV revenue reported at 40mil comes back closer to 20mil and that’ll be the next round of expansion.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Pac 12 .. What a joke