2 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I’d say 4-2.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Give me 6-0 or death! On a serious note, 4-2 seems likely. 5-1 won’t be surprising.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

6-0! And are going 7-0 in the championship.

1 1

Ah Utef
      @ahutef

Heart wants 6-0. Mind thinks 4-2. Voice in my head says 3-3.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Let’s do a new poll!

3 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

4-2.  Split the USC/AzSt games and lose one we shouldn’t (due to youth).

We’ll get matched with Cal for our 7th game and that one will be a toss.
      Edit: great minds think alike, Central!

1 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

4-2 for me. I think the Utes lose to USC and someone they shouldn’t be losing to. I do think they get ASU in Tempe this year though.

1 1

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Massey has us favored in every game. We play USC tough at home.  They haven’t beaten us here since 2012.  I am more worried about ASU.  I think we need up and drop one other we shouldn’t and end up 4-2.

tarheelute
      Ute Fan
      @tarheelute

Considering the known-knowns/unknowns (health, practices, facilities, fans), and the unknown-unknowns (COVID idiocracy), I chose to be moderately optimistic, expecting Coach Whittingham to have had his players at least conditioned ready to go.

5-1. – Arizona State worries me. They will be ready as well.

3 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

I know I will get blasted for this one. 3-3 considring all the new moving parts of the team, Utes are breaking in a new QB, RBs are still developing. WR group gets way more hype than they deserve going virtually silent against the athletic schools last season. USC, ASU, UW, UO defensive schemes give Utah WRs zero respect. Oline is still a big question mark. New LB, and completely new DBs. Defense will be fine as the season goes on.

IMO, biggest concern is Oline and WRs, not sure why there is so much confidence in both of these groups considering their performance against the upper level teams last year was not good. Upside is this season is a supercharged practice year to get the new guys reps. Would be nice to see some new WRs emerge like Vele, the TEs will be solid. Hope a 4-2 or better seaason proves me wrong. Go Utes!

OSU-win

USC-loss

ASU-loss

UA-win

UCLA-loss

CU-win

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Also 3-3, too many pieces lost. 

Remember how Washington had to rebuild last year when they lost their D to the NFL and graduated a good quarterback and running back? We are in the exact same boat, with even less talent. 

Don’t get me wrong, we have some guys and the best talent we’ve ever had on paper as recruiting has continued to improve. UW outrecruits us, and still had a hard time last year. 

I’m hoping for 4-2 but I fear 3-3. 

1 1

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

A UCLA loss would be a headscratcher, a story like ‘man bites dog…’

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

5 and 1 in the regular season. The ASU game will be the most difficult. Good news, I don’t see anyone in the south going undefeated. The tie breaker criteria will most likely determine who goes to the CCG.

The offense will be fine. Covey’s return and another year for all the WRs will be big. While other teams try to figure out our new QB along with Ludwig starting with a clean slate, we likely may be a pass first, run second team. Whitt told us not to worry about the OL. I expect that they have been working on the lessons learned in the last two games. I don’t even remember when the OL was a weakness two years in a row, so I expect this to change. I even think Bam will figure in.

The defense, instead of winning games, may only need to not give away the advantage the offense creates. Herbert struggled as a 2 at the end of the year, however, that may not speak to how good all the 2s are who were behind all the guys that went to the NFL.

We will be chasing new developments and change issues, however, some of this will may get lost in the noise of all teams dealing with many different issues. At 5-1, we may still have a better run at the CCG than we had last year. All of the Pac needs to finish 6-0 to have a chance for two games after the CCG. I expect a better end of the year this time around.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Predictions for the scheduled games?