Quick Look at Texas stats.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

Their SP+ is top 30. Sagarin has them as a top 20 team. Massey 26th. 

Great offense, great special teams, and a mediocre defense. It will be like playing USC again. 

Scoring offense is in the top 20.

Total Offense is in the top 15 in the country. 

Red Zone Offense in the top 10 in the country. 

3rd down conversion rate is in the top 10 in the country. 

They pass for nearly 300 yards per game, while rushing for 172 on 4.66 yards per carry. 

They do give up a lot of sacks, one of the worst in the country. 

On defense, they are giving up about 29 points per game putting them in the middle of P5 teams. 

Their passing efficiency defense is in the bottom 12 of P5 teams. 

Total Defense ranks them 108th in the country. 

Their rush D ranks about 50th in the country, giving up 4.2 yards a run for 140 YPG. 

TO margin was fairly similar to Utah, both on the plus side. 

With a great passing offense, losing Blackmon is going to hurt us. Losing Hubert will hurt. Let’s see how many others are going to sit out the game for the sake of their NFL future. Playing a big brand in a new bowl might be an incentive to be excited. 

Swoop Doggy Dogg
      Ute Fan
      @swoopdoggydogg

Utah opens -6.5.

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

Circa Sports line went from -10 to -7.5 within ten minutes. Early money pouring in for Texas. 

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I think the money is rightfully thinking a bunch of our seniors are going to sit out. After Bama and USC, this will only be the third real perennial blue blood team we’ve played in a bowl game. It would be a real shame if the seniors sat out. I guess we all understand though.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Have we heard anything about seniors sitting out?   This group seems very team-centric … also they may improve their exposure and draft status by having a great performance in the bowl game.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

****Offensive stats in the Big12****

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

It’ll be hard to scout Texas due to the OC and DC being fired after the last game. Texas has a very talented roster but they’re very young. The offensive line does give up a lot of sacks but does manage to run block well. Texas has 2 bad losses on the season, 37-27 to TCU and 24-10 to Baylor.

Texas typically lined up in a 3 man front with the ends shading the inside shoulder of the tackles. The linebackers are young and inexperienced. Very talented secondary that has under performed but also been extremely banged up all season.

Devin Duvernay #6 slot receiver is Texas’ favorite weapon (1294 yds 8 tds) if Collin Johnson is healthy also a big target for Ehlinger (6’6″ 220 LBS)

Texas under Beck was running a power spread with a lot of emphasis on running the QB to gain an extra blocker. Most throws are outside of the hashes with a lot of bubble screens mixed in. I have no idea what they’ll be running under interim OC.

Players to watch:

#11 Sam Ehlinger QB
      #26 Keontay Ingram RB
      #6 Devin Duvernay WR
      #99 Keondre Coburn DT
      #46 Joseph Ossai LB
      #25 BJ Foster S

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Rising gonna show his worth with some insider knowledge of the team.  

UteHorn21
      Ute Fan
      @utehorn21

Texas board in case you want to read more into Texas (have thick skin)

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/12719-2019-alamo-bowl-texas-vs-11-utah/

Swoop Doggy Dogg
        Ute Fan
        @swoopdoggydogg

The board wasn’t bad. Actually had me cracking up several times. Texas is a top notch school in a big city, so the fans weren’t like the loudmouth inbreds from some other Southern schools. 

I work with a bunch of peeps from Texas. Some are like this weird combination of the ego of a New Yorker, vanity of a model from LA, and a religious freak from the Bible Belt all rolled into one. Others a pretty cool and fun to hang with. 

I’d love to go to this game, so if anyone knows a doctor willing to take bribes for a sick note, I’d be obliged. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Quick Look at Texas stats.