Rant//Buying a house vs building.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

So far building a house hasn’t been too bad. The finish line though is really frustrating and I wanted to get your opinions. 

So real estate agent was let go from the firm. We don’t find out from her but from her replacement. The day prior she was acting like she was still on it. New guy is all apologies and wondering the same thing we are. Why the delays?  It’s like I don’t need your apologies or reasons. I always wonder about apologies in a business relationship. Is the apology to make you feel better or me?  You are not changing or giving me anything I need from apologizing. Do you all apologize when there is nothing you can do in a business transaction? I just feel the opposite when people apologize it’s like yeah so? 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

It’s just a psychological strategy to placate you.  Like when they give you bread at a restaurant so you don’t think about how long you’re waiting.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

To be fair, Italian restaurant garlic bread is amazing.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Agreed, and I definitely fall for it every single time.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It is more like running a marathon and not having a water station the last 5 miles. Yeah it sucks but I am not going stop the marathon because it makes me unhappy. Closing is a week away and I am getting apologies.  Ok thats a good way to make me more upset. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Lots of home builders are basically scum bags that will say anything to get to sign a contract with no recourse if they dont deliver on timelines, ect. Many are juggling funds one closing to pay partial work on the next 3. Whoever complains the most gets the next bit of progress. Very ponzi scheme like.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I am an attorney by trade, my fall back job from supreme ruler of all Eternia. And I have had soooo many cases of shyster builders running Ponzi schemes or doing awful work. I am veeeeeeery leery of building my own home.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

USURPER!!!

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

There are plenty of reputable builders that don’t operate this way. I just finished building my home and closed in the middle of June and it was an absolutely awesome experience.

I’m sorry your experience hasn’t been the same BattlegroundUte, but hopefully once you’re in everything goes well.

GameForAnyFuss
            Ute Fan
            @gameforanyfuss

Same here. Just demolished my old house and built a new one on the same property. From demo day to move in took 6 months, everything was amazing. Entire project cost $300k, and the new house appraised at $600k. I loved my contractor and he did a great job.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Rant//Buying a house vs building.