RES Stadium Evolution

Viewing 3 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Crap.  It was supposed to be a .gif that rolled through each phase of the stadium.  Oh well.  Maybe you can see it better here:
      https://ibb.co/DWXGPWG

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Maybe I should get some new drone shots of the construction this weekend.  I’ll try if I’m in the area.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

That’s cool, thanks for posting. I thought I heard somewhere that they were eventually going to add another premium seating tower on top of the east side stands like the west side tower seating. Anyone know if that’s in the plan?

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I read a long time ago, that such a tower on the east side was a part of the long term stadium design, and may happen some day, but is not currently anything more than a possible option.  Seems like I read this in a tribune article years ago, but have not seen anything about it recently.

It would make sense, if we continue to fill the expanded stadium for the next serveral years, but even with all the interest there is currently in football in SLC, the general trend in the West is in the opposite direction.

It will certainly depend on how successful the program is in the coming decade, which among other things will see the end of the Whittingham era and a new head coach.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Good points. I don’t think we’d ever add more general seating given the trend of downsizing but premium seating options seems to be the areas of opportunity, seeing how fast the new SEZ suites and loges have sold out. I just like the idea of seeing RES built out to include symmetrical towers and video boards and then a unique facade on the west side to finish it all off.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I think the current project will have us set for more than a decade.  It is quite difficult to add another seat that is good, something you want to sit in.  Many folks would rather go to a sports bar than go to a stadium after 50,000 people have already been seated.  Also to consider, athletic departments will take years to recover from the impact of COVID and that assumes the vile virus is gone for good this summer.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football RES Stadium Evolution