Rising’s surgery

Viewing 6 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

All indications point to less damage than originally feared. Provided all goes well with rehab Fall camp is definitely in play and he might even be throwing sparingly by Spring! Fingers crossed but the news couldn’t have come back any better.

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

That’s great to hear. Are the coaches looking to add a transfer or Juco for insurance regardless?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Plan was always to bring in a transfer this year. Prior to the injury when Rising won the job they expected Jake to leave after the Fall and Drew to move on. The Rising injury may have changed Jake’s mind about staying but with the uncertainty around Rising’s injury it didn’t change the plan. We will bring in another transfer at some point.

utahby05
          Ute Fan
          @utahby05

Wow. This is Great news! And, thanks so much for the update on the QB position – going forward. 

The short season was bad enough. But then to lose C. Rising, that was really unfortunate. Hope his rehab goes well, so he is able to play next fall. 

Definitely smart (and necessary) to pick up another QB for insurance though. 

Go Utes !!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

That’s awesome for him and may or may not be great news for the team. That would not be an easy thing to go through as a young man

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

That’s less terrible than I thought.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

EXCELLENT! Thanks for the news. Any idea what the exact damage was?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Still a labrum but there was concern about the rotator cuff and bicep tendon which complicates everything as I think you know personally Tony. Sounds like he avoided any major damage there.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

4 months for me when I tore mine at 17 y/o.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yep. Torn labrum, torn bicep tendon, torn rotator cuff all repaired at the same time.  5 screws in the shoulder now. Glad it is only the labrum for Rising. 

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Will Costelli be here for spring (assuming no Cali hs football forthcoming)

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

They’re scheduled to play high school football this spring in CA, but right now I don’t see it happening.  If Costelli holds out hope of playing it might be too late to join us for spring ball maybe?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Rising’s surgery