Rumor

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Valuable skilled position Utah player may hit transfer portal today.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

DHC is my guess. Sad to see him go.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

If it’s DHC it would hurt. IMO he is our best returning RB and a playmaker.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

No he isn’t.  He is way too small to be an every down back.  Most of his yards have been in situational plays that take advantage of his small size and quickness.  We really have not place for him if he wants to get more touches.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Enis?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Prefer him over DHC. 

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

Torn on this .. I think this year would have been a good break out year for him . In the past he’s shown some flashes . Overall It seemed like he never really was able to put it together. anyways hopefully it’s not to the zoobs

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Who ? I don’t think it’s Enis. I think he’s going to give it one more shot. Wouldn’t make sense for him to transfer anyways. He’s starting next year, likely to get the ball mlre and would have to sit out year. SL it’s likely a senior or someone that just really doesn’t like the program.

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

Bartle announced it’s DHC. Naming USU and BYU as potential landing spots.

3 1

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Would make sense. DHC converted to LDS Church. He knows coaches at both schools. Would be a big upgrade at either school, big loss for us. Wish him the best if true, don’t want him going south and playing against us.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

How is it a huge loss for us if he rarely touches the ball next season, much the same as last season?

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

Would you have considered Moss a big loss if he had transferred after his low use Freshman year? After Moss, DHC was next most productive with his touches last year. I believe in science. As long as the sample size is adequate, stats and metrics can be predictors and translators of success.

Rick
            Ute Fan
            @rickyrules

Moss 220 lbs, DHC 196 lbs soaking wet.  Yes, Moss would have been a huge loss because he has the size to be an every down back in Utah’s running scheme.  If we were Oregon, DHC might have been a better fit and more valuable than just a situational back.  We do not run a pure speed/quickness scheme at Utah in our running game.  Sorry but our best backs have mostly been big dudes with some speed and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.  Moss, Booker, Ganther, etc.  Williams was a tweener but White was probably the smallest successful back and that was many years ago.  White also had a very solid offensive line while he played which this last year was lacking a bit for Moss.  

I like DHC and wish him well but the proof is on the field and he was fourth on the depth chart this last season and would likely be in the same or worst position this season.  It doesn’t make him a bad RB but just not an every down RB the way Utah likes to run the football.  That’s all.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Always hard to lose guys but DHC’s opportunities were likely going to be very limited next year. Interesting to read or hear some of the views about individual players on here from a fans perspective. We’re all guilty of building a player up to be more valuable than he truly is at times. Not a shot at DHC. I can tell you there is a lot more to evaluating a player, how that player practices, how that player competes when the lights are on, how that player is viewed by coaches and teammates, what that players true skill sets are and how they fit within the system, etc. That determines his role.

That could be said for Enis, DHC, or Tyler Huntley….any of them. Things that aren’t seen by the average fan that you can’t help but see inside the program.

My point is, we will rarely, if ever, lose a player to the portal that was going to be a big factor the following year. Could they develop into something more someday if they stayed? Absolutely! If someone went down could they take advantage, step up and produce. Of course.

Sad to see a good kid go but excited about the player who was the reason he felt he had to make that choice.

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

Thanks for your insight . Always good to have the inside perspective

1 8

Jay
      Ute Fan
      @utahhhh

DHC still showed a lot more on the field than brumfield and wilmore did

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.