Sad face alert

Viewing 7 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In the post game interviews last night:
      Reporter: Cam was this your last game in Rice Eccles?
      Cam: I believe so, yes.
      Me: 😢

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

That’s interesting. I love Cam, but I don’t think he’s likely to be drafted. Thought he’d be back again for sure.

3 1

W16Ute
        Ute Fan
        @w16ute

I’m not sure if having more film would help his stock and after watching Kuithe get injured in guessing he’s ready to take his chances in the draft… And i don’t blame him. Hope Nate Johnson is as good as he’s looked so far.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Coach Whitt (paraphrasing from memory): We had several guys, maybe 4-5 who participated (in Senior Night) last year who ended-up coming back.  We welcomed them back with open arms.  I encourage them to participate if they think there’s a chance they might leave; what’s the harm?

So maybe Cam is going to explore his options, see he’s not drawing much interest from the NFL, and stays for another year.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Cam is already five years out of HS another year at Utah doesn’t help his draft stock much. It just makes him another year older.

It’s now or never for him.

A good pro day gets him in the late rounds of the draft.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

He’s at least as good, if not better than Tyler Huntley was in his senior year at Utah and Huntley is getting paid as an NFL QB.

I’d be surprised if Cam doesn’t stick with a team in the NFL. He’s talented, athletic and a winner.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I respectfully disagree.  I think TH had an amazing senior year.  TH had amazing stats that year.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Rising is better in some ways, but he isn’t as good as Senior year Huntley. If Rising wasn’t playing hurt he might be.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree. Even if there was no chance of making a NFL roster Rising’s to a point in his life, already graduated, he may want to put the college experience behind him. Still a lot of football left for him to get back on track, starting this week. Getting TT back should help the passing game. Wild card is still Kincaid and his uncertain health. Utes are going to need Rising and Kincaid close to 100% by Saturday. Rising’s passing needs to improve moving forward.

thewiz
        Ute Fan
        @thewiz

I believe Cam graduated HS a semester early, at age 17, to start early at UT (Texas). He will be 23 at the time of the 2023 draft and 24 at the time of the 2024 draft. For a QB, I doubt being 24 would hurt his draft stock if he plays for the Utes for his “Senior” year. One game at a time until this season ends and then he may have a lot to consider before making his decision. GO UTES!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Rising, I think, is talking about his goals. A very reasonable goal would be to take a shot after 5 years of college. He should be working on that goal and may possibly evaluate after the big games coming up. He may also feel he will progress better as a high profile college starter than as a NFL rookie fighting to stay on a squad. I am happy for him either way.

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Maybe they didn’t give him time to finish his answer and he really meant it was the last game in Rice Eccles this season.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Personally, I have my doubts as to whether Rising gets drafted. None of the services I subscribe to have him on their radar and there are quite a few good QBs that are draft eligible this year. I do see him sticking with some team as an UDFA, kind of like Covey did with the Eagles.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sad face alert