Seems…

Viewing 2 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Expectations are pretty high here in Tempe, sports radio all week didn’t even talk about what happens if ASU were to lose today. I would love to see Utah punch’em in the mouth to start the game! GO UTES!

2 7

MinnySunDevil
      Ute Fan
      @minnysundevil

I think you’re trying to manufacture disrespect where there isn’t any. Everyone expects a tough game.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I don’t know. You were on here right after Aaron Lowe died talking about how ASU has the best roster in the conference and how ASU would beat the Utes.

4 9

MinnySunDevil
          Ute Fan
          @minnysundevil

I do think we have the best roster in the Pac 12 this year. I said I think we should win, and emphasized the “should”, before going on to say I expect disappointment because that’s kind of what ASU does in these situations.

I guess I said we’d probably win in a separate post, but that was clearly in the tone of talking a little smack for the fun of it. The thread was “Who do you hate most”. Maybe the intent wasn’t clear.

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

Stop giving yourself thumbs ups.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Smack talk doesn’t bother me and I don’t mind engaging in it myself. I think you can admit, the timing was a little weird. Even BYU fans were on here only to offer condolences.
            Having said that, I hope Utah wins. If they don’t, I won’t care. This team will have my full support no matter what. No one is going through what this team is. Even when the cheating scandal finally catches up to ASU, it will pale in comparison to the adversity this Utah team has faced. If they don’t win another game, I’ll be a fan and I’ll let my support and love be known to players and coaches.

MinnySunDevil
              Ute Fan
              @minnysundevil

I was on the message board to see how y’all were holding up and saw an opportunity to talk football. In hindsight, I probably should have said something about how horrible the loss of another player was, but I thought a ‘hopes and prayers’ type message might come across as gauche and shallow, so I just talked about football. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been accused of being a little tone deaf.

There was no disrespect intended.

DrJazzy
                Ute Fan
                @docute

Hey you’re good – no worries. Can’t wait for the game…usually always a hard hitting/hard fought game. Sucks that y’all couldn’t smack BYU, haha but we lost tp them too so can’t say too much. 

Winner of this game has a big lead for the south ao big implications.

Hey what’s going on with B Thompson? I really liked him as a WR, I looked up his stats last night and he hasn’t been as prolific as I thought he would be with you guys. He just lower on the depth chart so only get spot plays? 

And tell your team to stop poaching OUR players/recruits. Y’all can still pay them, but like maybe instead of 1 bag of money and strippers go with money or strippers, but not both. 

Good luck on the game!!

MinnySunDevil
                  Ute Fan
                  @minnysundevil

We both screwed up against BYU. Watching them now, that loss is looking pretty embarrassing. ASU fumbled away a kickoff and what was looking like a pick 6 (or pick and big return) to blow a game against a team they were better than in typical ASU fashion.

Thompson was getting into the rotation but took an injury that kind of slowed him down for a bit. He’s been getting snaps here and there, but hasn’t really meshed quite yet. As he’s healthy, I’d expect he’ll get more and more targets as ASU doesn’t have a #1 rockstar receiver this year. Plenty of talent, but no one’s out there dominating and Daniels so far has been a 2, maybe 3 read guy before he’s looking to run. There will be opportunities, but he’s really not trying to sit back there and throw it 30-40 times a game very often. If nothing pops, he’s going to go get 5 yards.

As for recruiting- One, nobody got paid. The violations were COVID violations on unofficials mostly focused around a group of 2022 Florida recruits who decomitted anyway. It’s worked out well for ASU’s competitors. What looked like a Top 10-15 class is destroyed. As for poaching- C’mon. Y’all know it’s fair game until someone commits. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head that actually verbaled to Utah and flipped to ASU.

Good luck. Hope we win, hope nobody gets hurt. The winner of this would have to mess up pretty bad to lose the South.

UrbanLiar
                    Ute Fan
                    @urbanliar

Daniels….

MinnySunDevil
                      Ute Fan
                      @minnysundevil

Assuming this is regarding the poaching:

Daniels never committed to Utah as far as I know, and he was the highest ranked 4 star in the country so it’s not like anyone was sitting there thinking “Well if Whit wants him I guess we should go after him too”. You lost a recruiting battle for one of bluest chip prospects on the west coast. It happens. We were runner up on the #1 overall (Foreman) last year from what used to be the primary ASU pipeline school in Cali, but lost him to USC. At one point I thought we were going to get Dart too. We lose out on in state dudes to schools all the time in infuriating fashion. It sucks, but it is what it is. Get your backup guy and move on.

UrbanLiar
                        Ute Fan
                        @urbanliar

Mom’s credit card always helps…

DrJazzy
                    Ute Fan
                    @docute

Haha I know (or am at least 25% sure), I’m joking. In lieu of the recruiting violations, gotta take some shots. I was totally wrong about Edwards as coach…he smartly became the figure-head of the program and hired people who were good recruiters/actual coaches to do the nitty gritty. 

Thanks for info on Thompson, will always cheer for him (just not tonight). 

We can’t help but be a little bitter at all the recruits who either switched to ASU or who weren’t on ASU’s radar until Utah started recruiting them. The way USC played against us, looking a little uninspired at times, I fully believe you guys will get them this yr and UCLA, offensively anyway, is a little too one dimensional, so def feel like whoever wins this game wins the south.

Our two losses made me clinically depressed lol and super grumpy at work. Utah has broken my heart too many times – but would LOVE a shot at the Rose Bowl.

My bro in law/sis lives out in your neck of the woods so love going out to Phoenix/Tempe. He’s a big ASU guy and graduated there…thanks to a game two years ago (the JD freshmen game where he completed 2 passes) my niece wears Utah red 🙂 

MinnySunDevil
                      Ute Fan
                      @minnysundevil

It’s all good. Talking a little s**t here and there makes sense and, if you guys were under the NCAA lens, I’d be rubbing it in a little too.

Thompson is a good player but just needs more time with the offense. I think he and Badger will come on as the season progresses.

With both teams undefeated in conference, it functionally means the winner would have to lose at least 2 more to blow it and the way the Pac 12 is, even 7-2 is probably safe since I imagine both teams will lose another just because. We’ve got November trips to Washington and OSU (our 3rd Corvalis trip in a row), so I expect us to mess up at some point.

That 2019 game was awful. ASU just fed Daniels to the lions in bad weather. You guys had a monster defensive front and our offensive line was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Our LT was 17 years old. Thankfully, we’ve improved a bit there. There’s a Texas A&M transfer at LT who’s PFF’s highest rated tackle in the conference, the once young LT is no longer a baby and playing at his natural LG position, we’ve got a All Conference type center, the RG used to start for Stanford and the RT is young but pretty good. I don’t think we’ll get run over quite like the last game, though I wish we had our 2020 Tempe game.

Redblood
            Ute Fan
            @redblood

In these situations like a big game on the road or like situations like you are just better and should win? Like if you lose it was you, not the other team? Wait is this BYU or ASU?

MinnySunDevil
              Ute Fan
              @minnysundevil

When ASU seems good and there’s a game coming up that might launch them into the sort of season ASU’s been waiting on for 25 years, it tends go poorly. Or if we win the game, we drop one to a bad team. There’s always an anticipation that something will go wrong.

Like if we win, we go into a bye and have a home game against Wazzu. I’ll be terrified that some Wazzu QB will just throw for a billion yards on jump balls, because it’s happened before. Or we’ll lose at OSU. Or we’ll choke against even Arizona. ASU is governed by Murphy’s Law, and it gets stronger the better our season is looking.

MinnySunDevil
              Ute Fan
              @minnysundevil

The collapses generally look like this. As noted, ASU self-destructed when things looked good. Kind of what Tempe does.

Congratulations. Good win for you guys.

Redblood
                Ute Fan
                @redblood

I think Utah collapsed in the first half. It wasn’t a collapse, it was pure domination. First half doesn’t matter or count more, doesn’t mean you are better if you lead early.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

This game really hinges on our OL against their front 7 & then not allowing JD to get loose often.

Will be interesting seeing the chess match ensue.

I fully expect a game down to the wire….Excited to finally get to it!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.