Slovis in transfer portal

Viewing 2 reply threads

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Former PAC12/USC qb Kedon Slovis is back in the transfer portal after one year at Pitt.  I don’t know if I will ever get used to this college free agency.  I don’t think we have a choice though.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Tuttle is also in the transfer portal.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

What gets me is these guys that are with a school for multiple years and then enter the portal prior to their last year of eligibility. Slovis spent three years at USC and just finished his first, and only, season at Pitt. What exactly is he looking for? Does he really think that the system at Pitt is keeping him from breaking out? I think that a lot of these decisions are made on the spur of the moment by immature, young adults. Two rules I’ve always lived by…the devil you know is better than the devil you don’t and the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I always say, “If the grass is greener on the other side, it means there is more manure.”

If you’re fine with dealing with manure, enjoy the grass.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ll be a little bit of a devil’s advocate here. These guys have so much money on the line. A first round pick gets 10-20 million. A second round pick is closer to 3-5 million and a third round pick the money 1-3 million. It goes away so fast. 

You have to find a place that makes you look good. We talk about “gutting through it” and “sacrificing for the team” but the reality is, everyone is selfish. The coaches, the other players, the schools. I get why you’d do it. I don’t always agree, but you only have 3-5 years to show you are worth millions and if you don’t feel like the guy you are playing for is giving you the best shot to make money…there is plenty of other opportunities out there and you gotta go get yours, because if you don’t, Joe Burrows will. Cam Newton will. 

I don’t like it, but I get it. 

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Yeah, I get it too…but for every Joe Burrow there are 20-25 Jake Bentleys or Charley Brewsters…a lot of times, these guys that transfer, go from a higher to a lower level program and it still doesn’t work out…in life, you pays your money and you takes your chances, or so the saying goes.

W16Ute
          Ute Fan
          @w16ute

Also remember the story that keeps coming up about Kincaid and the $1M NIL transfer deal he was offered. Who knows now what is getting offered to these kids to go specific places.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Slovis in transfer portal