So Bill Riley had some interesting things to say on the fUCLA comeback.

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Listened for a bit on a short drive down to the store. I did not realize Utah scored 15 points in the final 55 seconds. I also did not realize Utah’s road record so far this year. A New Hope with this team maybe??

Now I have said some things about Larry K about how I can’t decide if we are getting his worst or best coaching performances. I kind of feel like the fUCLA win was a youthful new hope on the future. I still think that time table of he needs a tourney appearance next year and a tourney run to keep his job. 

Riley also talked about how the comeback was probably funner than PVD shot. Which had it’s own challenging aspects.  Happy for PvD I think is the main theme he nearly had the game winner against Zona. Riley always bringing the positive things more to my attention.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

I had a commitment Saturday so I didn’t watch the DVR’ed game until Sunday after I had seen a spoiler final score.  As I was watching there was one point where Utah had 63 points and I thought to myself this game must have gone to OT as I knew the final was in the low 90s.  Instead, they poured in 30 in the last 6 minUtes.  Holy crap!

It was masterful coaching, true grit by this team, and, of course, just a little bit of luck.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yes Riley said fUCLA didn’t stop Utah. At the same time that pace of play is on par with a NBA level game. I have to agree with you a lot of grit and no quit. I actually though they would lose to USC but beat fUCLA easily. So kind of surprised by the outcome in general. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) So Bill Riley had some interesting things to say on the fUCLA comeback.