Sports Illustrated insiders suggesting that Whitt may hang it up at year’s end

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

There was some social media chatter last night, but I didn’t know what to think.  David James is reporting it this morning.

What does “may” mean?  Is it just a guy thinks Whitt is 61 and has gone through so much this last year that he will hang it up.  OR has someone at SI actually talked to him?

PK and DJ both admit they do not know and have not talked to Kyle about it.  PK seems to think the end is near but not imminent.  They both think that leaving now would not be the best time because there are too many big openings right now, possibly making it more difficult to find a top replacement.

I hope he stays for a couple of more years.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I may be the featured pictorial in Playgirl next month. 

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Good for you. 🙂

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Would redefine the meaning of “little drummer boy” for the holidays…

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

If the Utes win the PAC 12 championship AND the Rose Bowl, I would bet he would hang it up. If not, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave after next year.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

We all know he is nearing the end of his career, but I don’t put much stock into an obscure reference in a Sports Illustrated article.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

I used to commute to work and listen to local sports talk radio. Now that I’m home, I don’t miss it at all…

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

“I don’t want to be coaching into my sixties”. I have heard this from his mouth at a booster meeting.  
      Now hanging it up when you are staring down the most talented and potentially experienced bunch of kids you may ever have in 2022 and 2023?  Idk. But I wouldn’t fault him. This past year would wear thin on anyone that age. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Bill Riley says that Ute fans should not make much of this story.  He believes that the writer (from Brooklyn) overstepped in his SI story.  He said it could happen, but he doesn’t think Whitt will retire this year.  He feels there is too much potential with the 2022/23 teams to walk away now.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

It’s Sports Illustrated.  Enough said.  They are the MSNBC of sports journalism.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

99% of the people who purchase it do so for the Swimsuit catalog. 

Oh and if I am insulting you I believe you are part of the 1%. 😉

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Thanks for immediately triggering images of Kathy Ireland from my teenage years.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Post is useless without photos 

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I met her at the Starbucks in Montecito about 12 or 13 years ago. She approached us and asked us about our uniforms (just finished up a funeral) she thanked us and told us we looked nice. Super cool lady.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I hope PK’s end is near and is imminent. PK should also admit he doesn’t know anything… about anything.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Sports Illustrated insiders suggesting that Whitt may hang it up at year’s end