Spring Football Captains Announced

Viewing 1 reply thread

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Covey, Huntley, Johnston, Fotu, Anae (see below)

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Do we even see Shelley or Huntley in the Red/White game?  Or will we even see Rising at all?

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Huntley maybe.  Shelly and Rising for sure.  The spring game G.O.A.T. Drew Lisk ABSOLUTELY!  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I guess the battle is for number two but Rising doesn’t get that waiver I bet until after the Summer. 

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

I don’t really think it is a situation where the waiver factors in.  I think that has been way overblown.  Of course the coaches want him to have 4 to play 4 rather than 3 to play 3.  I bet dollars to donuts no matter what happens in the Spring if Huntley goes down Shelley trots out to take the next snap. As a general thought not directed at you in particular, I have just watched this thing play out too many times at Utah over in the Whitt era.  The latest and greatest shows up to great fanfare and hope, then promptly gets beat out by Ratliff, Wynn, Wilson, or Shelley (for #2).  I hope Rising pans out and is the second coming of A. Smith but this day one starter fantasy needs to be tempered.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Ha!  Well I am not implying that. I want depth because the worst happens more often than not. I actually really like Shelley and wanted to see him take snaps with Moss. I like Huntley to not putting him down but Utah has a chance to be in a GREAT position at qb. I am just talking about what we will see in spring. 

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Just curious, who did Wilson beat out?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Spring Football Captains Announced