Stanford and Oklahoma introducing limited alcohol sales at stadiums

Viewing 4 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Another missed revenue source for the Utes.

11 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

What are you talking about?  They have sold alcohol for years at Rice Eccles. Every zoob I know has had a cup o’ beer poured on them. 

I don’t really understand the appeal. I think overall it just makes it more permissible to be seen drinking is the appeal vs loss revenue argument. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

You mean bear sprayed, right?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The state will forever be content to miss out on that revenue stream.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Coin operated urinals might be a way to capture the stream from off-site consumption.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

If they found a way to get guests to pay money to jump the line they’d make a fortune. Kind of like a Disney fast pass for the p**ser.  Let’s call it a Fast P**s, or P**s Pass, or Fast P**s Pass… 

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

The reasons behind most campus’ not selling alcohol are many but the main ones are insurance and liability costs and the drinking age verification process.
      Personally, I don’t care one way or the other about getting alcohol when I am out. I am always the designated driver. I don’t like the prices charged for alcoholic beverages and I will not drive impaired. Therefor I only drink at home.
      BGU is right in his statement about Zoob fans. Nobody that put the effort into sneaking beer into the stadium would ever pour it out on an opponent’s fans head.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

The desire for 15 dollar Budlight is so intense among some of our fan base. But like I said it is mostly the acceptance of being seen drinking in public as the appeal. Being impaired in public makes it normal so acceptance is the true desire.  

2 1

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I’ve been to two games at the LA Coliseum. One was Rams vs . Bill’s and the other Utes vs condoms. At the NFL there was a lot drinking. There were also fights, drunk fans spilling beer on and over all it was not a pleasant experience. At the college game there wasn’t any alcohol and everyone was civil, and it was much better place for my young kids.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This is a verifiable fact as the nfl is trying to curb the amount of intoxication at NFL games. You can no longer take kids to the game so it is not building memories among children and so the fan base is shrinking. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Stanford and Oklahoma introducing limited alcohol sales at stadiums