Switching between overly optimistic & unduly pessimistic. How’re you feeling?

Viewing 12 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Yes. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Low overall confidence level.

I had this game as a loss before the season began. It’s on the road. Washington is coming off the bye. Huntley is not healthy. Petersen has Whittingham’s number. Washington, in general, has had Utah’s number.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Utah’s defense is playing above and beyond better than we expected I think. No one expected this and the offense played better than we all thought against a quality defense. 
          Utah will win.  

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

If Utah is a top team, they need to win these games. Agree, this has all the makings of another Utah tight collar performance. This is a milestone game for KW’s tenure. KW says all the same things about preparing for these types of games, but has struggled to get his team to walk in with swagger and put a beat down on UW.

Riley did a nice review of the past 4-5 years of UW vs. Utah. Minus some bad coaching decisions, and 3 missed block in the backs Utah was in position to win the last three games against UW. UW and Utah have been very evenly matched.

Difference this year, Ludwig and Utah has a better team. If Utah plays their game and wins the turnover margin it is a two TD win IMO. I am usually one of the board cynics based on the same scenario and how the games played out in the past…not this one. Utes rise above and serve notice, they’re for real.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

What are you trying to say?  Do you think we are going to lose?

I am feeling fine.  We have the better team.  We will make some mistakes.  If they are minimal, we win the game IMO.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

My bad, tried to fit the entire message inside the title box.

I was trying to say that I’m going back and forth between feeling supremely confident about winning and unduly pessimistic about losing. Wondering how everybody else is feeling.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have a positive thought and it is regards to mistakes. Utah made so many mistakes in the USC and ASU games. They didnt matter as much against Asu because of their own defincies and youth. USC made plays when they needed to and Utah lost by a touchdown. 

I feel like Utah is the better team and they know it. So it will come down to who captilizes on mistakes. Or forces mistakes taking advantage of them. Whatever way you want to see it. Utah can afford a few because the defense is exceptional. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Feeling good. Team seems confident. They already s**+ the bed against USC I don’t think that will happen again. Hopefully Huntley can be at least 90 percent.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

If Huntley is 80%+, confident.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I feel good. Consistently good.

Utah and Washington basically played to a stalemate at the end of last year. This year, Utah is a little better on both sides of the ball. Washington is a little worse on both sides of the ball. I have no doubt that Utah is the better team this year (albeit marginally). I also have no doubt that Utah has the advantage in terms of motivation. I also have no doubt that the game is on the road (obviously).

While some of those things offset, there are too many things working in Utah’s favor. There’s no certainties in sports, but I think Utah has a 60% chance of winning the game.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I hear you, but to play the devil’s advocate, didn’t these things apply to USC game as well? If anything, Petersen is far better than Helton, and while not USC level talent, UW is still pretty loaded.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Yes, the same things applied to the USC game as well. I also gave Utah a 60% chance of winning that game, and I would still give them a 60% of winning that game if it were played again.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Balls out. Physical. Ready to rumble. Run up, step up, jump up, what’s up? Let’s Gooooo!!!!!

2 6

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Ranked #9, on the road, majority of top 10 teams on a bye, everybody’s watching, yeah Utah lays an egg. UW brings the pressure and takes Huntley out of the game early. Shelley and Lisk can’t compete. Ute fans bitch because of the double standards set by NCAA and what might have been had Rising been. eligible.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

Much as I hate to say it………..
        I could see this happening. It’s not out of the realm of possibility (or maybe even probability, sadly).
        🙁
        I want to be confident… but for some reason I’m just not there.
        Agreed, feel like I did before the USC game.
        I hope we get a different result this time.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i feel just like i did before the usc game…..  

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I feel the Ute are better than just before the USC game

But two things that give me great concern

Peterson

November

ABQUTE
          @abqute

Feeling good about our chances. We have a defense that is playing great ball right now. Our offense is producing on a good level even with an injured Huntley.

That said I am cautiously confident given how USC went. I don’t think we will have that kind of performance per se but Washington is a well balanced attack so we need minimal mistakes.

If we play relatively clean we could win by two scores. Play unclean ball and likely comes to the wire. Go Utes!!!

P.S. We busted the November curse last year quit stressing it. We are much more healthy than in the past.

Utebeam
          Ute Fan
          @utebeam

And Huntley is not 100%

jp31
      Ute Fan
      @jp31

Utah wins going away…

IamgrUTE
      Ute Fan
      @jrevans

The way the Utes are playing tells me that they should win but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Washington rips our hearts out again in the last seconds.  I’m expecting a close loss but hoping to be pleasantly surprised with a massive husky beat down that the Utes are capable of.  Go out and do what we all know you can do Utes!

The line on this game is also encouraging as well.  Seems like the odds makers usually get these things right.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Utah is better than they were last year, Washington isn’t as good as they were. Utah should win this one. My only concerns are 1) Chris Peterson with a bye week to prepare and 2) whether Tyler’s knee will be good enough that he’ll be effective.

IMO, Utah wins

homer
        Ute Fan
        @homer

I think Utah is the better team this season.

That said Peterson is undefeated after bye week, home or away.

In the end, if turnovers are even or plus, Utes win.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Switching between overly optimistic & unduly pessimistic. How’re you feeling?