Tavion

Viewing 7 reply threads

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

Very little mention about Tavion this spring. A lot of mention about Glover. Is this because Tavion is a proven commodity? For those in the know, is everything ok with TT?

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I have no inside information, but if I were the coaches I would wrap TT in bubble wrap. They/we already know who he is and that he’s the starter.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

His 21 TD’s last season says you’re spot on. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’m interested in hearing from anyone with good information as to Tavion’s playing weight this year.  UtahUtes.com lists him at 238-lbs — which is over 15-lbs bigger than last year.  Is that for real?  Do we have 240-pounder in the backfield this year?  And if so, had it impacted his speed?

Tavion Thomas, 6-2, 238

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Tavion is fine from what I hear.  He is a proven commodity, so probably is not getting a lot of reps.  I heard Rising talking about Glover last week.  He is impressed with his ability and work ethic.  

We are in great shape at RB – at least today.  I will not be surprised to see one of the guys enter the portal in May.

Go Utes!!!

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

does anyone know if Chris Curry is still in our RB group? i genuinely had high hopes for him! im suprised how far down he went coming from LSU.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I thought someone said a week or so ago that he was doing very well, and making up ground. I heard/read the same thing about J. Jackson.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Someone said Ganther really likes him. The RB room is stacked.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

RB room is loaded. Good problem to have as long as the RB room stays intact with the right players. Would not be surprised if 1-2 RBs get pulled away from other schools with a lot more touches than Utah can offer with so many RBs to include Parks and Curry. No secert what Utah is doing to develop top level RBs. 

I hope Bernard does not get pulled away to another top level team offering more touches. A lot of media hype focused on Glover in the mix for RB2 having yet to play a down of D1 football. No question Glover is the the real deal looking very physically solid and has huge potential to step in. Bernard IMO, is one of the most valuable players on the team on many levels to include his leadership. Total arm chair, off season chatter of course. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Love Bernard. Here is my prediction – if someone else has more info, please feel free to shoot this down. 

Read a while back that Bernard said he likes running the ball more than catching it. 

Also said that he’s a team first guy and will do whatever is asked of him to help get the W (play corner).

Seriously, did you guys see that wheel route in the rose bowl? Unbelievable. 

Prediction: I think Micah gets a handful of carries a game and morphs into more of the Vickers/McCormick role – but better. Ludwig will make teams account for the run and pass when he’s in. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

☝🏻 This. Bernard is going to be a hybrid matchup nightmare like Kuithe. Will get 2-3 Carrie’s a game.

It will be TT, Glover and Curry here and there. I think Curry sticks it out and if he ain’t getting any run before his 4 games is up will transfer out. I think there are plenty of Carries for everyone.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.