The team seems to be getting a lot of positive press nationally

Viewing 3 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

That’s great and all that we are now a nationally respected program. That being said, I will believe we will be a Rose Bowl level team when I see a QB that doesn’t suck nutsack when it matters most. I will believe it when our offensive line can pass block against the top tier teams in the pac12. 

Other than one good year of Tyler Huntley, our QB play has been meh at best. Our offensive line has sucked at pass blocking every year since joining that Pac12.

I refuse to buy into any hype whatsoever until AFTER we beat USC and Oregon (assuming we were to play both at some point), and do so with solid QB play, and not embarrassing pass blocking. 

I’ve been run over too many times by the hype train to go anywhere near it at the moment.

Right now I’m assuming that the team will be what it would have been last year if we didn’t have Ty Jordan. We don’t know what we have in the transfer portal guys, and everyone else is the same. I expect us to lose two games for every 3 that we win next year. Nothing more, nothing less.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I disagree. Looking at the top Pac teams Utah has not lost key players while all the others have. Utah had its best year of recruiting in the Pac. The transfers should provide a good option is key areas. I expect the OL to be better, no losses and another year for all the underclassmen. We will get our starting QB from last year back. Most of all, Ludwig will actually get his second full season transition done.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

We did lose a key player. #22

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Of course, and I am sorry.  I was thinking of those that chose to leave, graduation or moving on to the NFL.  That loss is giant.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Uhmm Ty Jordan? RIP

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

I simply enjoy every season. Utah is my team. I am on the train every day.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I believe I am with you.  The Utes are like teams my kids played on.  I desperatly wanted them to do well but I didn’t want to miss a game when they were struggling.  Out of that comes a strange tollerance.  I don’t like a loosing season at all but I deal with it better than many that started following the Utes 50 later than I did.  I also learned not to let a loss ruin my entire weekend.  For someone that grew up in Provo, I view that as a major accomplishment.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

Despite all last year we still scored well on offense and played good defense with a whole lot of new starters. Although Ty was a huge part of that Rip, we did that with atrocious quarterback play. We will take one step back at running back, but we will have a good starter as always. But we will also take multiple steps forward at quarterback. Whoever emerges out of a room with Rising, Brewer, JQJ and Costelli is going to be good. These transfers weren’t run out of town like Bentley was in SC, they aren’t rejects. Brewer was a multiple year starter who almost led his team to the playoffs 2 years ago, but got stuck on a garbage team after that. The rest of the team will improve, we’re bringing everyone back (except Ritchie but Hubert will be back). Whoever wins the job in the RB room will also be a very solid back, but it will be pretty unlikely they live up to #22. There’s a lot to be optimistic about.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Most people said the same about our qb situation last year. I’ll believe brewer is a playoff level QB when we are playing bama in the championship game. Not until then.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The team seems to be getting a lot of positive press nationally