There should be a rule that if a FBS team schedules an FCS team…

Viewing 7 reply threads
      2 1

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

…then the game has to be played at the FCS home field.

There’s a lot of FBS-FCS games this weekend that I just don’t care about.  It kind of ruins the opening weekend.  But if the games were being played at the FCS home field, it might raise the interest level enough for me to watch a few of them.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

FCS teams need the body-bag payouts though

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

But they’re boring games though.

geaux-sioux
          Ute Fan
          @geaux-sioux

The games with the elite FCS teams are usually not boring at all. It’s when average-bad FCS teams are on the schedule that things get ugly.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The ticket sales from the bigger FBS stadium are probably what fund the payout.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I agree the FCS games ruin the first week or so, but I understand the purpose and get how it really helps the FCS schools.  But personally I wish those games would go away. 

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

If you’re Weber State, would you rather host Utah and keep the gate, concessions, and TV rights.  Or would you simply take the $450k and play at RES.  I’d be curious to see how it would pencil out.

Weber State may be a bad example, since typically FCS teams have to cover travel and hotel expenses when they go play a FBS team.  I wonder what these teams net when all is said and done.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

I imagine if that were the rule, then FBS teams would stop playing FCS teams. I recognize that is your goal, but the unintended consequence is the FCS teams would then have severe budget problems and may need to drop some sports.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah YAWN Fcs schools are lame. Lamer is playing them in November and only 8 conf games. 

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

I think the rule needs to be at most one FCS game and it must be in week 1 or 2. Call it the no more loophole SEC rule. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

This. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

9 conference games and no FCS. I hate these games. 

eastcoastute738
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute738

How would playing at home help? Empty stadium to watch your team get wrecked. Not a super fan of them but its useful to us as a scrimmage. Wish we still had live scrimmages with other teams still.

KevinM
      Ute Fan
      @oldmanutah

Let them play, I am a Utah fan but I am a transplant from North Dakota. The only FCS team that really counts when playing a FBS school is NDSU. Ask #13 at the time Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Colorado State and Minnesota over the last six years. The program at NDSU reminds me a lot of Utah’s culture on the football team minus of course the Poly influence. There is a system and if you buy into it as a player amazing things happen. This weekend Utah plays North Dakota I will be wearing red and yelling for my Utes. If NDSU ever comes to town I will have a very hard decision to make. #goutes #gobison

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football There should be a rule that if a FBS team schedules an FCS team…