This bit on Coach Whitt got me fired up!

Viewing 2 reply threads

PDUtes1
      Ute Fan
      @pdutes1

Talks about how he doesn’t get enough credit for replacing Urban so well… and how he may be raising program to a new level now… LETS GO!

3 College Football Coaches Who Don’t Get Talked About Enough

I think Coach Whitt wil make a playoff at Utah in the next few years… big things are coming guys!

4 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This was our best chance ever. We lost a TON of talent. I know we “reload” but man I’m not sure when we’ll have the horses to make a run again. 

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Be of good cheer Tony, the horses currently in the barn (though unproven) were thought of more by the recruiting services than the ones who just left.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

The horses currently in the barn are higher ranked than the horses that got us where we were last year. I’m confident we’ll be there again in the next 2-4 years. Heck, we might be back in the conference championship game this year.

I know my other comment was negative (regarding them not showing up every game), but I do think coach Whitt does an amazing job the vast majority of the time. If Rising and the guy after him end up being as advertised, and we can get a top flight receiver to come to Utah, I think it would be the start of a long trend of great football teams.

My prediction is (whether Whitt stays around long enough or not) we will have back to back pac12 championships some time in the next 10 years. We got there twice in two years. Now it’s just a matter of taking the next step in progression and actually winning those games.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

its also possible we dont see a team as good as last years for a long time

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

The 7 year trend would disagree with that conclusion but glass half empty away my friend.

rbmw263
                Ute Fan
                @rbmw263

i think a lot of things are possible. Last years team was so talented. Its possible that we build on the reputation and the recruiting classes. Its possibel that stuff never materializes and last years team sets a high bar

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Looking at our roster and our way-too-early depth chart, we are YOUNG.  This team reminds me of our hoops team… light on seniors.  We’re going to take our lumps this year but we are set up VERY nicely for next year.  I’m glad we have the QB depth that we have, but I’m hoping Rising wins the job so he has a season under his belt for next year.  This is going to be a weird year for college football anyway, so I’m just going to kick back and enjoy and watch these youngsters progress.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I agree regarding Rising. However, if he doesn’t get the start on game one, chances are he will be starting at some point based upon our recent history with QB injuries. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I think the only QB’s to start the entire season in the last 10 years were Huntley last year and Williams his first year here.

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

You are absolutely right.  I like our options this year a LOT.  Our third-stringer can hold his own as well.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

I’m not expecting anything like last year. I’m expecting to enjoy watching the talent grow. I think all things being equal, 2021 could be a very good year. Rising, Wilmore, CP3, VF, XC, Ritchie, a more seasoned O-Line, and a stable of really great developing talent. I don’t think Utah quite reloads, but I think bowl eligibility and a win over USC at RES is possible. It will be a fun season if it happens. Who knows, maybe Jake Bentley will come in and dominate and things will be brighter than we can imagine.

Dallas
        Ute Fan
        @dallas

Unfortunately I think you’re right.

3 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

“Year in and year out the team is well coached and shows up to play every game.”

ALMOST every game.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This bit on Coach Whitt got me fired up!