Tip of the hat to kwhitt

Viewing 4 reply threads
      13 1

User Suspended
      @a2ute

kwhitt indeed pulled the rabbit out of the hat with these last three commitments. Furthermore, he plucked 5 of the top 6 instate recruits. It also appears that at this point the average player ranking in a tick higher than last year.  All great signs of improvement.

I like what I’m seeing with the steal of Phillips from tOSU and I hope Utah now has the confidence of pursuing this type of talent…because Utah has a great story to tell.

But as of right now, Utah chief competition for the foreseeable future (UW,OR, AZst, Stanford and yes USC) all can claim better classes. So there is a lot of work to be done.

Not sure how many scholarships are remaining in this class, but PLEASE kwhitt, do not rest on your laurels and backfill with “rudys! Get more *4 star athletes 

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

I’m really surprised at how well we did thid yr TBH. Salt Lake City is a really hard sell. Even you have to admit recruiting is definitely on an upswing. These things just take time, if Utah is a stock I am def buying. Overall trend is up. 

9 2

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Get more 4* athletes? That’s child play.

I, for one, am sick of Whitt’s reluctance to get more 5* athletes. Someone needs to give him the memo. Not sure why he is so stubborn and refuses to sign the 5* kids.

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

With the mission returns, I’m not even sure how many scholarships we have left.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

If Utah can land another 4* like Edgerrin Cooper, this class goes from pretty good to home run.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

Is Cooper the last remaining unknown in this class?

Sweetness
          Ute Fan
          @sweetness

They only have a 2 maybe 3 spots left because of all the returning missionaries.

Hopefully they can ride this momentum and fill those spots with some more high level talent.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

When is Cooper planning to commit? Do we have a realistic chance of landing him?

Yergensen
          Ute Fan
          @yergensen

I heard Cooper was waiting to sign in February. He’s a Louisiana kid with an LSU offer…won’t be easy.  Any news on John Gentry?  So far, he’s unaccounted for.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tip of the hat to kwhitt