To my knowledge Sark has never run the spread …

Viewing 5 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Not at USC, not at UW, not at Alabama, and obviously not with the Falcons.  Whitt said he wants to run the spread in the post game of the Holiday Bowl. 

Not sure Sark to Utah adds up?

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Utah-Football-Coaching-Search-Sarkisian-a-good-fit–127364904/

“His scheme’s include pro style sets from under center, which Utah added to the playbook this past season and found great success with, but Sarkisian operates primarily out of spread formations and utilize a lot of run-pass options. Those same type option plays were used a lot at Utah over the past two seasons, and with Whittingham’s desire to maintain a spread offense with dual-threat quarterbacks, which means the RPO would continue to be a featured aspect of the offense under Sarkisian.”

3 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m not sure I understand what you mean.

A spread offense is nothing more than a 3-5 WR set. That’s it. It doesn’t means QB runs or doesn’t run. It means you spread the defense out, sideline to sideline, with multiple WR’s sets.

So, Sark has definitely run spread offenses before.

Now, the next question is, Huntley is a runner. Does Sark want/know how to run a QB?

Well, the offense that Petersen went to the playoffs with was all Sark players. And the QB’s that Sark recruited to run that offense (before going to USC)?

Tyler Miles and Troy Williams. Both the #2 dual threat guys from their classes.

Sark wanted to run a QB at UW.

He makes perfect sense, to be honest.

He can Urban this job into another Head Coaching job. If he takes the job, he will be a PAC-12 HC in 2-3 years.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Can definitely see Sark taking over at Utah as HC. Doesn’t Whitts contact run through 2020?

1 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I don’t know if I’m ready to go there. Scalley, Gary, Jay Hill would all kill for that job.

I’m not sure Sark would want it. If it was UCLA or Utah, I think he’d take UCLA.

BUT, 2-3 years is a lifetime and if they had a magical season I could see Whitt riding off into the sunset and who knows with Harlan as AD.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

Scalley would be a HUGE mistake as the next head coach at Utah.  He needs to go to some Idaho State Tech and cut his teeth on the process.

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

IIRC his contract runs through 2021. 

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

He’d be a home run hire. Without question.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Huntley was so good under center with the RPO. Sark as a OC and primarily I want him as a recruiter would be a home run. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

You are wrong.  He runs under center, but typically uses spread formations for the WRs and for the RB blocking schemes.  Think of it as a hybrid.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football To my knowledge Sark has never run the spread …