Tony deserves the Nobel Peace Prizeq

Viewing 6 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

This site is heaven. Holy crap, UFN is getting more about politics all the time. All hail Tony!

1 2

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

I go to UFN for politics and come here for sports. Agree this site is nirvana!

7 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

UFN isn’t really politics anymore. More like people talking past each other hoping someone will hear them and validate their opinions.

3 1

DieHardUtahUtesFan
          Ute Fan
          @diehardutahutesfan

I have a feeling that someday that site will just redirect to Salon.com

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

That would be a beautiful April Fools joke for Rocker to do.

1 2

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

So?

5 2

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

SO, I just expect a Utah Sports fan site to have some Utah sports. And seeing the political diatribes from the same 10 people gets tiresome. This site has a promise and it delivers.

3 1

UtahFanSir
          Ute Fan
          @utahfansir

It is the off season. Besides, based on my read when there is sports news, folks post sports news and talk about it. Overwise, the great issues of our day are discussed. I mean, what is going on around us everyday is important to us as a community, and folks need to decompress over it. I absolutely get that. And I learn stuff that is important in informing me and even changing my mind about stuff. But the nice thing is, you can uncheck the categories you don’t like and never, I mean never have to be bothered by them. So I say again, so, not trying to be snarky. I sure am glad we have free speech in this country, at least for now.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

All good points. But guess what I go to other sites for that. I don’t go to a Utah sports for politics, I don’t got to writer sites for Utah sports, and I don’t visit CNN et al for writing advice. A little politics here and there is fine. But when the main topics of conversation are politics nearly to the exclusion of all else it gets tiresome.

Further, they make the same talking points as nauseum. It’s even more tiresome. Add in the reactionary trolls and it’s just blech.

5 5

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

#blametrump

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

There are countless sites where political discussion wouldnt be out of place with plenty of people who are just dying to talk about it. Given, doing it at a sports site is weird 

6 2

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Political discourse on UFN is like shouting into a cave all echoes. 

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

I see this site and UF.N as a community. There is more to the community than sports. In fact, sports are typically time limited charged events with an annual cycle. Allowing the community to prosper means the community grows stronger. That is my take.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

Not when it’s something people use as an escape. That would be like constantly debating politics on an art forum 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

UFN is just a shell of what it was during its glory years.  I’m thankful that I can turn off the politics but you go to that site and there’s very little other content anymore.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

You are right. There are other options. And yes, you can effectively remove yourself completely from politics.

9 2

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Wow .. I popped in over there to take a look. 5 solid pages of “I hate the current administration” type posts. As far as sports some misguided person posted a link to an article written by Harmon about Tuttle and Wilson? I think. That was it.

I hope whoever is paying the bill over there keeps paying it. As long as 12 Angry Utes stays afloat, the longer they stay away from here.

4 11

User Suspended
        @a2ute

We get it.. you voted for trump

7 5

sacute
          Ute Fan
          @sacute

I love this site because it’s primarily aboout Ute sports. I go to UFN to bone up on my political argumentation skills. The problem is that even though the leftists get creamed by my arguments, they still don’t know why.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

Let’s not get crazy.

5 1

Uterider
            Ute Fan
            @uterider

They get creamed by you? Zoob nation smiles at that statement.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Tony deserves the Nobel Peace Prizeq