Troy Taylor

Viewing 2 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I think there will be some good that comes of the TT move and some bad. 

The Good: Haven’t been overly impressed with TT’s recruiting. He didn’t seem to learn from his mistakes and reverted to being too pass happy sometimes. TT definitely had to learn alot in his two years. Made a lot of rookie mistakes. Hopefully the next hire isn’t so green and we won’t have to deal with getting over that hump again.

The Bad: TT seemed to develop his QB’s better than anything we’ve had in a long time. That will suck to replace. Continuity with the scheme – unless we hire someone who keeps the scheme and plays the same all the players will have to adjust to a new playbook next year. Would much rather players be able to focus on other things other than learning plays and new schemes. 

Some good. Some bad. Who Whitt chooses to replace TT will entirely determine how well we take advantage of the good and how much we are able to successfully navigate the bad. 

I’ll keep my opinion neutral until we have more info. Go Utes!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It will be hard to judge this coordinator next year. I mean Senior QB and potentially a Senior RB. I mean in a positive light. I guess I view it that way negatives don’t make me enthused at all. A few holes in the Oline nothwithstanding it wouldn’t suck to be hired in right now. 

1 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree. It’s a great job to take over. Just run the ball 40 times and dial up a timely PA or two. Next year should be very easy for the OC. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

His recruiting was…terrible? When he was hired, we had signed or committed:

Williams/Huntley/Shelley/Tuttle.

He hasn’t signed anyone and he lost Tuttle. Yikes. 

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Yeah I’m not sure if he signed anyone or not to be honest. But I know he bungled the Tuttle mess and he didn’t lock in JD (or he gave up when he heard rumors of the Sac State job). Does anyone know what his recruiting responsibilities were?

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

No one seems to know what Taylor did recruiting wise. He had no area. He was just supposed to overall recruit the offense. Who knows what he did. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Obviously nothing tangible other than negative. Did he bring in Fotheringham or Kuithe?

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Kuithe is a Scalley recruit. 

Fotheringham is ARod and Powell. 

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

I like Fotheringham. I like it when they use the tight ends. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.