Ugh

Viewing 3 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I know this is going to get downvoted to the seventh circle of hell but whatever. ESPN’s FPI was on the money, just like I tried to warn y’all today. I also said Utah would need to play pitch perfect if USC came out on fire. Well, Utah made lots of mistakes and looked like the JV squad in the secondary. 

This game boiled down to talent. USC’s receivers were amazing tonight. Their size and athleticism shows. Recruiting is the only thing that fixes this. Can’t coach guys to grow four more inches. 

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Congrats…you’re a genius.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Look man, I wish FPI had been wrong. It’s just frustrating to get s*** on anytime a legitimate concern is brought up. No one wants to admit their own teams faults, and we let the hype get to our heads. And now those same fans that s*** on me or others are all doom and gloom. We are what we are. A consistent 8-9 win team. That is unlikely to change until we recruit better talent. 

losing like this sucks. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah is much farther behind athletically than I thought. USC looked so much bigger, faster, and stronger in the skill positions.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

Yeah it was… depressingly apparent tonight. 

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Not really. Just poorly played. Terrible angles and coaching big Utah. After the first quarter it was clear that pressure man coverage wasn’t going to work. Stick with it through 3rd. BYU with nearly zero secondary talent beat them by playing 8 deep 3 rush. We did that maybe twice. Foolish.

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

I agree Scalley should have made adjustments. But, they racked up 500 yards against double coverage half the time. They out-athleted us plain and simple. 

TexanUte
            Ute Fan
            @texanute

Wasnt double coverage most of the time. Single high safety getting burned along with cornerback is not double coverage.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Nonsense – this was pure coaching scheme deficiency not a lack of tall defenders. You people are blind to the fact that they played press man coverage tonight because that is what Utah does and did not adjust. they could have played dime zone 2 high coverage and sacrificed some QB pressure. At the end of the day this coaching staff does not adjust on either side of the ball. BYU’s drop zone coverage seemed to get the job done against USC

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.