Utah About to Win Its First NCAA Championship Since Joining the PAC12?

Viewing 4 reply threads

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The Utah Ski Team is on the verge of possibly winning the national championship! After day 1 (alpine – giant slalom) Utah was 2nd behind Montana St. 149-136. But we had a great showing on day 2 (XC – classical), including 1st and 3rd place on the men’s side, and we now lead University of Denver 301.5-265. Our rivals from Boulder are in 3rd with 240. MSU didn’t qualify a full XC team and is now basically out of the hunt at 177.

Today is day 3 (alpine – slalom), the most unpredictable event. It looks like the XC team is the real deal, so if we can stay in first or a close second after today, I think we’ll win the title.

Slalom is a really exciting event to watch, so if you can, do yourself a favor and watch today’s race. It’s streaming live on ncaa.com – first run at 10:30 Mountain.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Awesome.  We’re going to need a new kicker.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this resembles last year. Utah was so close but then faltered on day 3 and 4.

I hope they can pull it off

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

We didn’t have a great day in the slalom (that event appears to be the equivalent of the passing game for the football team), and Denver had a really good day to take over 1st place with 419 points. We sit 2nd with 384.5. Right behind us is UDP (the University of Dirty Potheads) with 377.
      I wish we were a bit closer. It will take a good performance tomorrow in the XC – freestyle to pull off the championship. But we have a good XC group and I think we just might be able to get it done…we’ll see.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

WE DID IT!!! NCAA CHAMPIONS!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Other Ute Sports Utah About to Win Its First NCAA Championship Since Joining the PAC12?