Utah @CAL on PAC 12 now……

Viewing 1 reply thread

LetItRide
      Ute Fan
      @letitride

I have seen emails discussing the biggest heartbreaker game of last year. 

I was at the CAL game and if u witnessed that game and its ugliness at the end you will understand that by losing that game pretty much ended our hopes for a south title. 

I firmly believe we win this game and we also win vs Oregon later on. My belief. 

This CAL was game was frustrating to see us struggle in red zone as we were given 8 ,yes 8 plays within the 10 yard line to win?!?!?!?!?

one play Hail Mary to beat us happens all the time. We had 8 freaking plays to put them away. 

I was seated at the goal line where it happened. Gut wrenching. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’ve tried to repress the memory of that night as much as possible. I haven’t watched the game since. Aside from the 8 attempts to punch it in at the goal line, wasn’t there an issue with us trying to get a timeout called?

I vaguely remember us trying to get a timeout to get a good playcall for that last run attempt, but for some reason it got botched.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Kyle told the ref that he wanted a TO as soon as the next play was blown dead. The ref immediately called timeout, and wouldn’t take it back.

That cost us one additional play at the end of the game, where we likely would have punched it in.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Ah, that’s right. The bourbon-induced haze is becoming clearer now. Although I think I preferred that memory to be crammed way down there.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Yeah that was a horrible botch and screw job.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah @CAL on PAC 12 now……