Utah lax

Viewing 2 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Utah lacrosse played tough on the road vs. a ranked Lehigh time yesterday.

got dominated at the face off x, or so it appeared.  And the seemed to be the difference in the game( I only got to watch the back third). But otherwise they looked like they stood toe to toe.

point is, two years in, this progeam looks pretty solid already.  Probably way ahead of schedule.

on another note for my lax people, they need to change the rules on face offs.  The fogo position is way too powerful and affects the game too much for what it is imho.  Move the heads a foot apart.  Or make them do that back to back gb drill where they stand over the ball.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Watched most of the game. Soooo much improved from last year. Agree on FOGO. Makes one quick play too significant to the outcome of the game for teams with elite FOGOs who do nothing but face-off, similar to a kicker in football.

College LAX is quite progressive so may not be long for a change like the shot clock, etc comes out. A lot of Frosh on the team including the FOGO. Utah missed on a number of clears as well and some missed passes/drops. LAX is a very possession important game like basketball where turnovers are a killer.

Team is super fun to watch and props to Utah pioneering a D1 program out West. Look forward to watching the games online and getting to a couple home games. Seems like local Utah fans are getting out to the home games. LAX is BLOWING UP in Utah. It’s now a sanctioned H.S. sport.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

FWIW, in addition to Ute fans showing up to LAX games at home, they’d also showed up to game at Lehigh.  Internet viewers only got to see one set of risers, but there was a LOT of RED and Drum-&-Feather gear on the left side of the stands.  A lot more than is expected to see in Bethlehem.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Penalties was also a major factor in that game.  Lehigh scored 5 goals on man-up situations, and Utah lost by 5 goals.  We need to clean up our sloppy play in that regard, and we need continued improvements at “X”, but we’re getting there.  And a LOT faster than I’d expected too!

And while a 5-pt loss isn’t a good performance, it WAS vs. a ranked team, we’re still a young team, and it’s was only the 2nd game of our 2nd season.  So I see good things on the horizon for Utah Lacrosse, and I’m SO stoked to see us fielding a D1 NCAA program!

GO UTES!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.