Utah State loses their coach

Viewing 4 reply threads

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Looks like Wells is headed to Texas Tech.

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

I live in Lubbock and most of the tech fans here  are hesitant but optimistic about wells. We’ll see if he can transition to big 12 play 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ive been to Lubuttock a half-dozen times. It’s ok. Honey factor is much higher than any and all logic would dictate. Otherwise, it would be Logan for me. 

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

Most people here are desperate for the leach years back. I don’t think wells will give that but the big12 has a few bottom feeders so a 6 or 7 win season every year should be achievable. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

He’s a good coach. He’ll do better than that. 

1 2

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Aren’t you one of the dudes that has publicly whined about Whitt? You claim that Wells is a good coach, but what has he really done? His team had several terrible years in a bad conference prior to this year. He gets a good QB and suddenly he’s a good coach?

I mean, maybe he is, but has he really proven it? I don’t think so. He did good for two years with Anderson’s boys, then had a few crappy crap crap years. Now he’s doing decent (not that great TBH).

1 4

Anonymous
                Inactive

Are you seriously comparing the resources available to Whitt and Utah with those available to Wells and USU?  Why should I take you seriously?  That’s so stupid. 

Not for nothing, but I’m less whining about Whitt than I am demanding more from him. It’s not that subtle of a difference, but you don’t strike me as very much of a rocket surgeon, so maybe you’re not aware.
                Do you wear adult diapers?

7 2

RiseasUtes
                  Ute Fan
                  @riseasutes

Igloo I usually like your posts, but the petty personal attacks aren’t necessary.  Win with your argument and not the other garbage.  

I agree with your points though, although I feel Kyle does more with less compared to the big time p5 programs.

1 1

Anonymous
                    Inactive

Jeepers. A guy agrees to quit cussin’ and suddenly everyone wants to tell him what to do. 

RiseasUtes
                      Ute Fan
                      @riseasutes

Not telling you what to do, just saying your arguments look weak when that’s what you resort to.

Anonymous
                        Inactive

This dude and I have a history of disagreement and mutual disparagement. One that is built on disrespect and basically dis- anything else ya got. 

chinngiskhaan
                  Ute Fan
                  @chinngiskhaan

Whitt did far more in his MWC time than Wells. Anderson got USU rolling, and wells ran it into the ground.

Wells was given a program with tremendous momentum.

Wells is maybe a good coach, but he has had one decent season with his players. He hasn’t even won the mwc with his guys. Two years ago people were expecting him to get canned. Now he’s a big 12 coach because he almost won the mountain division?

Anonymous
                    Inactive

It’s Lubbock. It’s Texas Tech. The Pirate never won the conference there. Oregon state is a better job. All I’m implying is that he’ll do better than 6 or 7 wins. Plus, I don’t think the BigXII is as good as the PAC12.
                    Whitt did far more? He won the conference once, and had that amazing season. He also had ‘07 season. Their resumes aren’t that different, and Whitt did it from SLC instead of Logan, huge, HUGE, difference.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I think he will do well in Lubbock. And he actually knows how to put a respectable Defense on the field, which is an absolute rarity in Big 12 country.

COFfrom83
      Ute Fan
      @coffrom83

is he taking his O-coordinator with him? that guy has done a fantastic job. Gunther and his co-horts keep talking about Jay Hill or Morgan Scalley replacing Wells, but I think his offensive coordinator will get a good, long look

bombastic
      Ute Fan
      @bombastic

I would say chances are he is not a good coach than he is one.

He has one good year with really good qb and good oc with s***y schedule. One tough game he had he lost it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah State loses their coach