UTah v. WSU 1/12/19

Viewing 4 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

So, our defense looks much improved and Johnson is on a short short leash it looks like.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Van Dyke with a monster jam!!

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

How many layups has PVD had blocked over the years?  Tonight he throws down a two-handed flush with ease?  Dude, dunk that thing all the time from now on.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

He should change his name to Parker Van Dunk.

2 1

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

seriously, does utah have a chance to finish in the top 4?  or am I disillusioned?  this conference has a lot of bad teams…

1 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That was a horrible team we just beat. I wouldn’t read too much into this win, other than we aren’t the worst team in the league.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Pac12 is so bad. 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

I actually think that Utah is not that bad of a team. Both of their conference losses were against probably the top two teams in the league right now (Arizona is 13-4 (4-0) and Washington is 12-4 (3-0)). I actually think that the Utes have a chance to be a Top 4 team in the league. Sorry, but I’m tired of the negativity. Utah’s going to beat Colorado next Sunday (the Buffs are not a good road team). In fact, with how well they played at the Arizona schools, I wouldn’t be surprised if Utah sweeps the Bay Area road trip. I sorta expect Utah to be 5-2 going into the next homestand against the Oregon schools.

palos_verdes_ute
          Ute Fan
          @palos-verdes-ute

I totally agree.  I feel like we are on the precipitous of 1 or 2 things happening that could change the chemistry of the team:

1.  C. Jones starts to play well and wakes up from this shock ‘n awe of D1 – particularly hammers the 3’s

2.  Tillman breaks out and starts playing like PAC12 2nd teamer

3.  Allen and Gach step up and plays like sophmore in midseason

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

I agree about Utah’s defense being improved. They even showed that against Washington Thursday night (they held UW to only 69 points). It’s just that the Huskies’ defense was even better. Washington is also proving to be one of the best teams in the league. They just won @ Colorado as well, which is the Buffs first home loss this year. Utah’s actually tied for sixth place right now. If the season ended today, they would be the #6 seed in the tournament due to their win @ ASU.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) UTah v. WSU 1/12/19