Vaki should move to offense full-time

Viewing 13 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is just one old guy’s opinion. I think Ritchie and Bishop can handle the safety positions. Vaki has made this offense go. Vaki is also a great defensive player but he is amazing on offense!!! We need him on offense if we hope to win against Oregon and UW.

I realize many may disagree with me and that’s okay. I just like what I see from Vaki on offense.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

In a perfect world, I would disagree because Vaki is so valuable on defense. 2023 isn’t a perfect world for Utah Football so they’ve got to make use of their best assets however they can. Vaki playing both ways is one decision you will never hear me questioning the staff for.

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

I agree completely. He’s already our best offensive weapon. Imagine what he could do for us with his full focus on offense. He’s more valuable to the team there.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Its too early to say just yet. We’ll see how he does against Oregon.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The question is how can you NOT use Vaki on offense? He’s our best player! Provides a definite spark and makes something out of nothing.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

We don’t win tonight without Vaki on offense period. Ritchie is better next man up than Glover. But with Lander out, the defense has already lost one of its top players. Tough call, but I don’t think that playing him both ways to this extent is sustainable.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think the coaches have this. RBs rotate anyway and the safeties can rotate as well. I think they are very aware of a total pitch count. Unless they see errors that would relate to not being fully prepared, let him live in the rare air of being a two way star.

cicampbe
      Ute Fan
      @cicampbe

Looks like he’s doing just fine playing both ways.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

He lead our team in receptions with 5, and had 9 carries. He’s featured plenty on offense. He’s a little under sized and runs really hard. Not the kind of body you want to give 20 carries to every week, plus Glover and Jackson are good too. I think with a full season in mind it’s best for him to remain a featured rotational guy, and they’re using him perfectly.

22Ute22
      Ute Fan
      @utedagoat

Full time? I don’t think so. But definitely 50/50. Ritchie can fill Vaki’s hole 50% of the time and we would be ok.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I thought I heard on one of the post game shows last night that Whitt said they’ll be looking at that and probably will do it. RB is hurting way worse than safety at the moment.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

He looked like Barry Sanders on that one cutback. I’d have to agree with you, full time offense is where he should be.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Well, he leads the team on tackles, second on TFL, and tied for 4th with TFLs in the Pac 12. That is a somewhat important guy on defense. I agree, he is also an uncommonly gifted offensive player with vision few have. What to do? I expect going forward he will have a lot to say about his preference, he will be very wanted by both sides, and I expect there are more games to go before he is full time on a side. Currently, the brightest part of the team.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

The offense needs more help than the defense. Just the way I see it.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

My view? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Prefer to see him play on both sides of the ball. I have an irrational fear that if he focuses only on offense, he’ll end up getting hurt like all of our RBs this year.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is the latest poll topic, so go vote!

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Vaki should move to offense full-time