Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thoughts?
      link

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Well deserved. Shame we couldn’t have done this sooner while he was still alive.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

when i was a pup, i worked at sperry and so did he.  a friend at work said “do you know who he is”,  i said yeah, that’s wat, he manages the drafting guys.  my friend said you dbag, he played for the utes nat’l champ team a long time ago.  i had no idea. 

wat was was one funny guy.

uteof
      Ute Fan
      @uteof

I remember when he played at the U. It was the era of Arnie Ferrin, Vern Gardner and Leon Watson (I think he was the other guard). I believe Wat was the first non-white guy to play in the NBA. My brother had just returned from the navy following WWII and he and my sister were avid fans. My bother, now 94 and in good shape, still cheers for the good guys and against the Y.  My sister did, too, until her death a few weeks short of birthday 88. Love of the U and dislike for the Y runs deep in this active Mormon family. Incidentally, I remember when the NBA was a mostly white man’s league. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Wat Misaka number to be retired next season