Watching these games today

Viewing 2 reply threads
      4 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I realize we do not have the athletes that LSU, OSU and Clemson have.  Whitt has done a great job of developing players, but wow these teams have some amazing athletes.  The OSU receivers have made some crazy catches while covered.

I believe we could play even with Oklahoma, but if I’m honest – I don’t think we could compete with the other three.  These three teams are in a league of their own.  That is too bad, I would like to see more parity in college football.  I still believe we are a top ten team this year, just not a top-three team.  Alabama with Tua is also in the mix, but without him, they are not.

6 11

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Utah couldn’t compete with Oregon and lost to a Fink led USC. Iowa showed you what a top 10-15 team does to Matt Fink. Utah is not a top 10 team.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

^word

you’re looking at 1st and 2nd rounders littered across both sides of the ball.  Utah may have 7 or so NFL prospects ( which is great!) but only JJ is in the same league as these guys

7 4

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Apples and oranges. You have no idea what happens between A vs B on any given day. So tired of people trolling this board. Can Utah get a board that isn’t flooded by people who have no clue.

I will repeat, this Utah program has about the same vibe as when I was at Florida State late 80s-early 90s. Or Miami in the late 70s.

You clowns think there is such a gap, then why so many Utes going to the next level? Underachieving? Let’s see where you stand under a different moniker rooting for the Utes to stand tall.

In the meantime, I’ll consider 1 guy trolling with up to 4 profiles on this board. Which is sad.

Can we establish a true Ute fan site??? 

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Personally, I like hearing the different views. You usually have Pace on one end of the spectrum and Eagle on the other. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Besides that, if I wanted to be on a site that encourages an environment where everyone thinks the same I’d hang out on Cougarboard.

2 8

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Ahh yes, I forgot.

Utah’s great. They’re going to steamroll the Longhorns, and what a s**tty opponent Utah got stuck with…

Hardings a great oline coach because he had an NFL interview, and put a bunch of guys into the league.

This staff is excellent at recruiting and hasn’t dropped the ball in a single area. They have a top 25 class counting RM’s that haven’t touched a weight room or practiced in 2 years. 

2020 is a 9+ win season because, the backups are more talented…

Geaux Utes! 

Tednab
            Ute Fan
            @tednab

Can you be anymore dramatic

1 2

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Utes in the NFL-

1st string- 9 players

GBolles, SLotulellei, MWilliams, EWeddle, ERowe, TPatrick, STevi, MWishnowsky, MGay.

Oklahoma- since Utah’s supposedly  now on their level, 18 players.

Bama- 29 players

Trojans- 13

Ducks- 9

Boise- 5

Utah St- 3

Utah’s on the rise and everybody here has an obvious interest, but there is a gap and there are areas where this staff needs to improve.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

It is not realistic to expect every opinion to be the same on a sports discussion board with thousands of users.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

None yo only shows up a couple of times a year.  First, is to predict our annual loss to Ybu.  Second, to bitch about crutin’ like Pace only in a more gloomy way.  (Oh and to lament that Wilson is a Ybu and whiff badly on Huntley predictions in 19′)  Moving on…  

Italy88
          Ute Fan
          @itacoatiara22

Yeah, he’s an idiot. Literally says the stupidest things of any fan on this board. I’d put him below Pace.

Hellhound152
            Ute Fan
            @hellhound152

Pace’s bitches are consistent.  Unrealistic at this point in the programs development.  But consistent.

UUTeddy
      Ute Fan
      @uuteddy

This is always the way college football has looked to me. Utah on one shelf and SEC and some other choice programs on another shelf far away. We are playing at a higher level than ever before even with the loss in the p12 championship. But I think we’re growing and developing the program every year. We are consistently getting better on the coaching front and recruiting front. Consistently getting more recognition nationally. That’s what makes the loss to Oregon hurt so much is not just playoffs on the line but the progression and recognition. Utah has come a long way since I started watching and I think our time on that top shelf is coming soon

1 3

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

⏫👏

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

It’s a process. Do we have the same athletes as an Ohio State, no, but we are a lot closer than we were 5 years ago. We may never get there, but at least we are moving in the right direction. And we have the right staff in place to continue to grow the program.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Watching these games today