We will win

Viewing 6 reply threads

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

I know it’s USC, but I just don’t think they can beat us. I keep hearing that their schedule is finally stepping down in competition but I think that starts after their game with the Utes. Do they really think they are going to trot a freshman QB into Rice Eccles against an elite defense and expect to have any other outcome than what they have been seeing. Our DL was consistently ranked right behind Alabama all preseason and they are living up to the hype. Our secondary is one of the best I have seen and our LB have turned our to be ballers.

Our offense is also starting to gel, TW looks like he will be a middle of the pack QB, our running backs are all good (maybe great) and we have two guys in Patrick and CBB that will spread the field. They must respect us in all facets of the game or they will get crushed.

I don’t think it will be a blow out, but I’m drinking the Kool Aid and am anticipating a comfortable win.

28-13 Utes

• This topic was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by utejeph.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Good.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

“comfortable win” – what would that be like?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d say a comfortable win is the Michigan game from last year. Get up two scores, keep that until late in the fourth quarter. They could get a late TD to get it closer. But never really have a shot to win it.

UteStuckInSeattle
        Ute Fan
        @utestuckinseattle

See Oregon and ASU 2015

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Sagarin has Alabama and Stanford as the #2, and #3 teams in the country. Stanford also had an extra week to prepare for SC, be careful… SC may not be as bad as everybody is implying. The Freshman QB does have an arm, and can make the throws.

I’m starting to second guess this game. Fortunately its at home and a rowdy crowd shows up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re gonna die!

Actually, this DL is going to punish USC’s OL. They will shut down the run game and put it on Darnold’s arm. Then comes the pass rush.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

We had a lot of big injuries leading into the USC game last year. Jared Norris was out, and Hunter Dimick was injured and I can’t recall whether he played. Our center had to learn to snap the ball left handed. Covey, Booker, and Scott were all dinged up.

But for the three bad interceptions, we essentially played USC to a statistical draw and a tied game.

USC’s O Line is good, and Zach Banner will be an early First Round draft pick. It will be a lot of fun to watch him and Hunter Dimick go head to head. Both will play on Sundays next year.

I hope somebody will step up take Kylie Fitts’ place. He will absolutely be missed this year. Maybe Chris Hart will have a breakout game, or Pita T will shut down that edge.

I feel good about this game.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Read WeAreSC.com. Zach Banner is a bust. Too slow, false start penalty machine. They’re calling for him to be benched.

To date their OL has lost Toah Lobendahn at Center, Chuma Edoga at Tackle and Chad Wheelsr is trying to play through Planter Fascitus. Just look at their rush yardage production which is ranked 98th amongst FBS. The OL is the reason why they’re changing to a more mobile QB.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.