Well I’m sold. Who do we have to call to get an ACC crew to officiate our games

Viewing 4 reply threads

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

A total of 4 penalties were called last night for a whopping 40 yards between teams (Utah only had one holding penalty for 10 yards).  Kind of refreshing to have a crew that just lets the kids play.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Didn’t like that crew. Our D-Line was getting held and their jerseys were stretching all night. Nothing. Not a fan. Better than the PAC-12 shut to be sure though.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

That has been the case all season with PAC12 crews as well. Holding like crazy on the Dline. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

I’m not super up in arms about holding because it’s one of those penalties you could probably call every play if you looked hard enough.  Besides we benefited from some no holding calls last night so in the end it’s a wash for me.

It just felt nice having a crew that didn’t get in its own way by frequently stopping the game to figure their crap out.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They missed some holds and a target on byu, but we didn’t get called for mystery targeting so it’s all good.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

In the end this is what I’m most pleased about.  It seems like Pac-12 crews have a mindset to throw the flag first and ask questions later, which normally means they just uphold the penalty anyway.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I guess TDS is up in arms about a Bernard throwing a punch on Wilson. They have single back angle that confirms it.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And they’re saying Hansen injured their RB on purpose. It’s so damnably stupid.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

They will always hate guys like Covey and Hansen the most. Whitt is by far the most hated of all time. It isn’t just the alum status  either it is the simple fact that they think it is a betrayal to their religious beliefs. 

They are the people who don’t let people feel welcome when they smell like cigarettes or they possibly drink. 

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

It’s so bad. They’re also blaming the refs and calling Bernard a dirty thug. Lame.

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

Are they talking about one of the first plays of the game where Bernard tackled him.  He did crawl over the top of him and gave him a little forearm on the way up.  But anyway that just continues their narrative that we’re awful people.

All in all the game was pretty clean between the two teams.  Didn’t seem like there were dust ups or fights or anything.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

lol… yeah, it looked like he was probably trying to punch the ball out. They have no idea what, if anything, he was punching at. The ball was in that area.

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

That was easily the best officiated game we’ve had this season. They weren’t perfect, but they were overall very good and they let the kids play (on both teams).

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Officials were CONSISTENT which is what matters most.

Certainly was a difference than what we’re used to with our conference officials who tightly call most games.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well I’m sold. Who do we have to call to get an ACC crew to officiate our games