What Ducks will try to do…

Viewing 4 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Here is what DucksWire thinks the Ducks need to do in order to beat the Utes tonight.

3 Keys for Ducks

TLDR: Stop the run, Protect the QB, Use Travis Dye more.

Well, Thomas the Tank is unstoppable, Las Vegas is the new Sack Lake City, hopefully Utes’ D will key on Dye

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

All the things they needed to do last game and couldn’t. Sure, they’ll try harder and thrown some new wrinkles at us, but in the end, they are what they are and we are too.

We take this one.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Utah won the game two weeks ago because they started fast, went up a couple of scores early and forced Oregon into throwing the ball more than they wanted – which is not their strength.

That is the absolute key to this game again. Force Oregon to abandon the run. Brown is absolutely capable of a great passing play every now and then, but he can’t be relied on to do it all game

Oregon has outscored their opponents in the 1st quarter something like 90-30 this year. They are a team that relies on getting ahead early and controlling the game via an effective run game (much like Utah, to be honest).

Start fast. Establish the run. Stop the run. Win the game.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Also, I expect Brown to run it a lot this game. 

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I expect Brown to try and play hero ball. Keep the ball more on read option, throw it up for grabs more, look to run quicker on pass plays, etc.

Defensively, as Covey said yesterday, Oregon will stack the box and bring heat. They want to stop our run at all costs and force cam to make quick decisions.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

This is where our offense is so deadly. Stack the box? Oh, we’ll just dump it off to one of our three NFL tight ends. It feels so great to have a versatile offense. The only thing it’s missing is an elite deep threat receiver. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Yeah, I think the Utes’ weakness on defense is the defensive secondary.  They’ll likely torch the secondary a few times, but I don’t see Brown as a consistent deep ball passer, (recall he missed a few open targets in last game) plus heat from the rush may not give him time for that.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

i think we will see the ducks in an all out “stop the run”.  ludwig will recognize this pronto.  will be interesting for sure.  i also believe they will move thibodeaux around so that we can’t run away from him as easily as last game.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What Ducks will try to do…