What’s the latest on Covey?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Do we know if he’ll be good to play week 1?

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I have 0 actual intel on Covey, but he might be the toughest kid Ive ever seen on our team.  I would put my money on him playing week 1 as I dont think this opponent is one he will want to miss.  

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

What kind of effectiveness should we expect from him? Less than a year after a torn ACL and a broken wrist (and was there another injury?) that are keeping him out all off-season, I don’t have the highest hopes for him being a major contributor like he was his first two seasons. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

according to 7 Habits of Highly Effective Bad Asses – Yes

Sharpening the Saw

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

I don’t know the guy, but based on what is often said about his mental make up, intelligence, and work ethic, if anyone can be ready for week 1, it’s Britain MFing Covey.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was on the radio for about 20 minutes last week on ESPN 700.  Sounded like he is a go to me.  He talked about the season, his co-players, being a leader, etc.  He said nothing that would indicate he would not be ready to play.  In fact, he talked about how weird it would be to play in Cougar stadium since he grew up with season tickets there.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s the latest on Covey?