When was the last time we won against a very good to great team?

Viewing 7 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

The Oregon beat-downs were amazing, but I don’t think they were that good a team. When was the last time we beat a really good team?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Over a decade.

AlaskaSteveUteAlum
      Ute Fan
      @alaskasteveutealum

Alabama in the 2009 Sugar Bowl.

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

That one USC team ended being pretty good.
      That’s the only argument besides Alabama.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Probably in 2013 when we ruined Stanford’s season. They were ranked 5 and we just broke them for the rest of the year. 

After that ya pre 2010 if your standard is high enough. We arguably beat good teams every year, it’s just a matter of HOW good you’re talking here. 

stonguse
      Ute Fan
      @stonguse

You can’t retro actively make the Oregon wins bad just because you feel bad after a loss

Ben
      Ute Fan
      @argentino15

Michigan 2015 comes to mind. I thought this Florida game had a lot of similarities to that one. Unfortunately, we didn’t win this time.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I find it interesting that 2021 Oregon doesn’t count as a very good to great team. 9-1 and ranked #4 before the first game. 10-2 and ranked #10 before the CCG.

It almost sounds like the last time Utah beat a very good to great team would be never since the other team couldn’t be at least very good if Utah beat them?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football When was the last time we won against a very good to great team?