Where’s Mikey?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 2

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Has anybody heard anything on Mikey Matthews? Here we are, a month after he entered the portal and after classes have already started nationwide, and I’ve heard zero on his situation. Is it possible that he’s keeping a low profile and still attending classes at the U?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Can’t someone who is a student look him up and see if he is still in the directory?

1 3

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Well, I’ll tell you…I’ve done an internet search on him and all of his social and official media still have him as an Ute. Barnes is another one who’s MIA..classes have already started for the Spring semester and you’d think that, if they were going to leave Utah, it would have happened already.

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Barnes to Utah St. was just announced.

DataUte
            Ute Fan
            @scotwaye

So, we’ll see him Sep 14th … time to bolster the sack stats

5 1

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

So much for leaving the state and there being a market for him. This, to me, is a head scratching move. If Legas and Hillstead stay healthy, there’s no way that he’s going to see the field and will, again, be 3rd string at a worse school than Utah.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

With how much Whitt loves Barnes, he has a better shot at Rising getting hurt and starting at Utah than USU.

SoCalUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @socalutefan

he’s back home not at Utah

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

So, he’s dropped out of college altogether?

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

Or taking a sick week and ‘starting’ classes late (depends if he’s registered or not) … do those that enter the portal have to get approval from the leadership council to be allowed to return?

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Well, the funny thing is that there’s zero trace of him going anywhere. Usually, there’s some stuff on the athlete’s individual social media account hyping up the move with “Committed!” or some other verbiage…there’s been total radio silence on this kid.

#3bballer
      Ute Fan
      @3bballer

Matthews to Cal, just announced in his ig

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Now THAT is a head scratcher.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

For sure. With Rising, Covey had 50+ catches a year. Vele had 50+ catches. Kincaid had 70.

Matthews was set to be the #1 receiver in our offense with Rising, on a team that should win the Big 12 and go to the playoffs. And instead he leaves that for Cal?

I dunno man. I dunno.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Spavital runs a pass heavy offense and Mendoza had a decent season. I could see thinking that would be preferable to a receiver after the 2023 Utah offense.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yeap, just saw that…he’s going to be #8…good luck to him. I guess he’ll be closer to home. Not sure what it’s going to do to get him to the next level though…

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Great educational opportunity. What surprises me is that Cal will not transfer any credits from Utah. This is a problem for Cal and Stanford. Maybe Cal has loosened up a bit.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

For real? That’s a big problem.

4 4

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

Didn’t we just recently see an article that placed Utah ahead of Cal on the list of public Universities? Either way much of cali is becoming an open air asylum, just don’t know how much has made it to Berkeley.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Cal transfers units. Stanford doesn’t.

which is why you only see players transfer out of Stanford and not in. Cal has transfers both ways.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

HAHAHAHA

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Mikey likes Cal! Hey Mikey!!

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Meh. I wish him well in the ACC at Cal and their cross country road trips!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Where’s Mikey?