Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Which game are you most looking forward to this fall and why?

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Which game are you most looking forward to this fall and why?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      AlohaUte
      Participant

For me, the Holy War will always be my #1, but aside from that, I’m looking forward to @ Oklahoma State. I think this is our toughest game of the season. I also super respect their program.

MDUte
      Participant

Okie St, Colorado, UCF in that order.

UTE98
      Participant

The Rose Bowl as a top 4 seed. 🙂

MDUte
        Participant

Nice! This ^^ is the correct answer!

DataUte
        Participant

My guess is Big 10 will get the Rose Bowl (tradition + power = result). And Rose will probably not want Utah 3 years in a row. We’d probably get the Fiesta.

UteThunder
          Participant

Wouldn’t be 3 years in a row. Utah didn’t go to the Rose Bowl last year.

2008 National Champ
            Participant

I don’t think they’ll have a choice

edit: reply fail. should have been up a level

UteFan Vineyard
      Participant

– OSU to see how we stack up early in the season with a solid team on the road. Should be a great environment in Stillwater.

– Arizona — looking forward to a little payback after last year’s debacle where half our team was out with injuries and illness

– Southern Utah. Excited to see if Rising and Kuithe really play and to see how they look

– UCF. Could be a decent challenge. And I hope there are enough stakes on the table where if we win we go to the BIG XII title game.

Red Rhino
      Participant

Don’t know why, but I always liked OK State. They seem similar to Utah, including a coach who has been at the same program as long as Kyle. Mike Gundy vs Kyle should be a lot of fun!

Utes 69
      Participant

Beat down on the cry baby zoobies

D T
      Participant

U of A

Rick
      Participant

Another U of A vote here. That needs to be a butt-kickin’. Second for me will be Oklahoma State. I wish that I could travel there this season. Stillwater is a terrific college town during football season. Their fans are passionate and create one of the great college environments in college football.

By the way, if any of you are going to the game try to get a room in the Atherton Hotel right on campus. Best pillows I’ve ever rested my head on. Good service as well.

ProudUte
      Participant

OSU, UA, BYU, TCU

The Miami Ute
      Participant

Arizona…payback is a bitch…I’m going to be sitting in those stands with a personal interest in seeing the Wildcats suffer.

Smack
      Participant

I’m going to say . . . game 1. I am really excited for the year to start. I have had a little bit of a bummer year in some respects, and I really need a pick-me-up. I hope the Utes can give me that!

After that, probably Oklahoma State. As a Ute fan living in the Midwest, having the Utes come out here for some games is going to be great. For purely selfish reasons, I was excited to see Utah move to the Big XII. So, barring some calamity, I intend to be in Stillwater on September 21.

Go Utes!

UteBacker

When I look at the schedule I automatically miss seeing USC, UCLA, Oregon & Washington. It’s just not the same. I’ll adjust in time, I guess.

AlohaUte
        Participant

Agree completely. It’s strange how Big-12 fans are so butt hurt over this simple emotion that we Ute fans feel.

Even BYU fans would be more excited playing Oregon, Washington and USC than they are playing Iowa State, Texas Tech, and Kansas.

utahwingman
      Participant

UH because I live in Houston. Can’t wait to show the Cougs what Utah football is about.

DataUte
      Participant

Big 12 championship rematch against OK St., @OK St., BYU (happy it’s home), @UCF, @UC (glad it’s late, everyone will be tired of Sanders again), UA payback

utefansince79
      Participant

While it’s been six years since TDS visited Rice-Eccles, I am eager for the Arizona game, if anything, for a rather late long bomb in a game that was long past decided.

Andy
      Participant

I’ve booked my flights and hotels to both the OSU game and the UCF game. Super excited for these matchups, they both should be great opponents.

MDUte
        Participant

Great reminder that I need to do the same! I also want to hit the Colorado game as my 3 road games this year.

bopahull
      Participant

SUU. Because it means football is finally back. After that, I’ll take it 1 week at a time.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.