Which Pac12 team makes CFP?

Viewing 11 reply threads

Noni Fruit
      Ute Fan
      @nonifruit

Looking into my crystal ball… I don’t think a Pac12 team will make it into the playoff this year. I’m pretty sure our conference champ is going to have 2 losses, and I don’t think a 2 loss conference champ will make it this year. UCLA has the best chances right now, with Oregon, and Arizona close behind. I think they need to find a way to guarantee conference champs a place in the playoff, but that only happens if they go to 8. What do you all think? Who’s gonna be in?

SouthJordanUte
      Ute Fan
      @southjordanute

Oregon only lost to a very good Michigan State team by 3 pts. Mariotta is gone but they are still very much the team to beat. Especially since they’re in the softer north division. They could go unscathed in the north.

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

Could be. So far it looks like the P12 might just beat itself up and we didn’t do enough in the OOC side to convince folks a 2 loss P12 champ is worth a spot in the CFP. Besides ND games are there any good OOC games left in conference? Maybe if both Stanford and Sc take the Irish to the woodshed then a 2 loss team gets in.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I think a 2 loss team can make it. I don’t think there will be an undefeated team in the country at the end of the season.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I don’t see anybody knocking off The Ohio State Urbans. Possibly MSU could do it, and they do play in AA this year. M beating OSU would be a story for the ages and Urban would never live it down, so I doubt the Fighting Khakis of Ann HArbaughr will get it done.

3UteDad
          @3utedad

MSU and OSU play in Ann Arbor?

3UteDad
          @3utedad

I heard a Michigan writer interviewed on the radio yesterday that is convinced Michigan State will get the best of tOSU this year. Circle that one on your viewing calendar.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

Unless Ohio State figures out their QB situation I think they can be beat. They have looked very mortal the last few games.

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

USC/Furd need to take care of ND. Additionally, I think the PAC needs the BigXii to play its way out of playoff. TCU has an enormous number of injuries, and I could see them losing two games (rooting for TTU this weekend) which would put them behind a 2 loss PAC champ. With Baylor’s horrendous SOS, I think a one loss Baylor could fall behind a two loss PAC champ depending on how the rest of the BigXii pans out.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I hope I’m wrong but I am afraid the PAC will get left out. I think Oregon will win the North easily while the South will beat itself up and the winner will probably have 2 losses, possibly even 3. I think the South team may well beat Oregon in the title game.

Under that scenario we probably get left out.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Probably nobody after we knock Oregon out this saturday 🙂

AltaUte
      @altaute

Right now it seems like the B1G will get a spot, and the SEC will get in even with a 2 loss champion. I would say we’re ahead of both the ACC & Big12, but I’m not sure a 2 loss PAc-12 team gets in over 1 loss teams from either conference. A 1 loss ND team would probably also get in over a 2 loss PAC12 team. there’s a lot to play out, but I’m not sure I feel like the Pac has one of the top 4 teams in the nation right now.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

The Committee is going to favor a 2 loss PAC12 team over a lot of other teams – potentially even a 1 loss BigXII or ACC team. Remember, last year the Frogs and BU got left out completely, and FSU was VERY close to being left out, despite their undefeated marking. The results from last years playoffs only reinforces the fact that the ACC has a soft intra-conference schedule. I think even a 2 loss Pac12 team makes it, and depending on circumstances – a 3 loss PAC12 South winner beating Oregon in the PAC12 championship game has a great chance.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

at this point if oregon wins out, they will get in with their only loss to msu. i don’t see the trees winning out.. i don’t see anyone in the south winning out let alone escaping with only 1 loss. similar to last year, if a 2 loss south team (AZ last year)beats a 1 loss oregon team in the championship, PAC will get left out. bottom line is that a 2 loss team won’t get in unless every other P5 conference beats each other up as well. would be really interesting with a bunch of 2 loss teams at the top. my 2 cents…..

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

Well, here’s an idea: LET’S JUST NOT LOSE!!!! Then we won’t have to worry about this crap.

homer
      Ute Fan
      @homer

Didn’t see this topic post till after I started something similar. The consequences of insomnia.

I think there is no dominant PAC team this season, and the parity because of weaknesses each exhibit results in no PAC playoff team.

Furd looked terrible against Northwestern, then dominates SC. That’s just the beginning.

Prove me wrong Utes!

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Which Pac12 team makes CFP?