Whitt confronting Fields

Viewing 3 reply threads

UtahPilot47
      Ute Fan
      @utahpilot

Watching PAC12 60 in 60…after Fields’ cheap shot targeting of Moss, it looks like Whitt comes out on the field to confront Fields.  Great seeing the whole team going after him.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think #16’s calves ran away in fear on that flop. They literally met their match in Coach Whitt. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Utah_AM/status/1185955061152632832

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I was so confused on this play. Which ASU player got the targeting foul? Was it the guy still laid out on the turf, or was it #16?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Neither. The guy on the ground was also injured by the offending player (#4 i believe). #16 tried to draw a flag by going full soccer flop after the play.

UtemanUtefan
          Ute Fan
          @utemanutefan

I think he kinda tripped over his own guy, watch his right foot hit the other ASU guy as he starts backing up.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

“#16 sucks”

Gary Sapp
      Ute Fan
      @uofuman

#4 got the targeting ejection and I have seldom see one more clearly deserved. In SloMo, the leading with the crown of the helmet was especially clear with those earwax colored helms and he jumped into it as well. Too bad he got to get out of the rain. He should have had to sit in it and watch his team get their ass handed to them.

Couldn’t see what #16 was up to but there were no good ASU actors in that scrum, so he should probably gotten something as well.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

(number 16) Crosswell’s flop (if our player so much as laid a single finger on him, he sure sold it like a soccer player) was rather unsportsmanlike and quite dangerous.  

A teammate with the wrong angle on the incident could have thought “hey my teammate got clobbered and knocked down and I’m coming to his aid” and things could have become very ugly.  

Lots of us are angry at some of the tactics used by the Sun Devils but in the end we wound up with a victory where our defense in particular beat the hell out of them.

Don’t see them again until next year, so let’s move on and be ready for Cal this weekend.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

I am super ready for those granola hippy nerds. Stupid commies.

IamgrUTE
        Ute Fan
        @jrevans

Don’t understand why he was so p**sed when he got kicked out.  Have never seen a guy so upset after getting kicked out for a blatant cheap shot.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

His attitude after the fact proves he’s a s**t head. If it was an accident, take your punishment like a man. Maybe even go shake Zack Moss’s hand and apologize. It was clearly a blatant attempt to take Moss out of the game.

IamgrUTE
            Ute Fan
            @jrevans

I know these guys are just kids but I think they need to be called out on National TV for the dirty nature of hits like the one on Zach, Huntley and the dirty hit on the kick off.  It could go a long way in neutralizing cheap shots like that.  It’s not a coincidence that it was the Utes 3 best offensive weapons that took the dirty hits. The commentators were very neutral on the calls while they were showing the replays.  There should have been a little “shame on you” applied to the replay IMO.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt confronting Fields