Whitt says there will be 15-17 players honored for Senior Day.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Only 10 of them will be Seniors. So who are the other 7?

Lloyd, Tafua, Covey, Kuithe, Kincaid, Fotheringham and Thomas?

If all of these guys leave early, we’re going to take a pretty massive step backwards on O next year.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

By Thomas do you mean Tavion? He’s a Sophomore to my knowledge.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

You’re right. So then who is the 7th?

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Ford? Is he planning to declare?

Could also be guys further down the bench who have done 4 years. A guy like Stone Azarcon (https://utahutes.com/sports/football/roster/stone-azarcon/12669) is, just to pick a name, someone who wouldn’t hurt us a ton on the field, but has been with the program for 5 years now so may want to move on and deserves some recognition for his time even if he’s not been a major contributor.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Hopefully Lloyd gives Kincaid, Thomas, and Fotheriingham the Cody Barton advice. Plenty of resources and input now a days to guide players on decisions to leave early. Bigger question for me is who leaves via the transfer portal. Rising is around 1-2 more years depending how he develops next year. If Jackson and or Costelli split Utes become very thin at QB. I suspect Utes are going to land some solid pick ups through the TP.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

I think we are setup fine at QB with Johnson and Rose coming in. Also, I’d be surprised to see JQJ transfer. Not so surprised if Costelli did.

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

I have heard rumblings that Thomas will declare, and Pledger may too.

Thomas may be a sophmore, but he is draft eligible.

I could also see Solomon Enis moving on, but that is speculation.

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

That would be a huge loss if they both leave. Thomas has played 3 years (1 at Cincinnati, 1 in JUCO, and 1 at Utah), so he is eligible. The two questions I think he still has to answer is better consistency with fumbles and receiving out of the backfield. I’m sure he’s thought about delcaring, and will wait to see what type of draft grade he gets before making a final decision. 

Pledger certainly has the skills and ability to at least make a practice squad, but with another year I could see him standing a better chance at getting into the league. 

Overall I could certainly see both of them taking a shot at the NFL. Remember, Ty’Son Williams somehow still made the league coming off an ACL injury from BYU and worse stats than both Pledger and Thomas, if that says anything. 

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think who ever is advising Thomas is giving him horrible advice.

Imo Ford and Lloyd are obvious draft guys that have no business staying. Covey needs to move on and may give the league a shot. Slot guy in the NFL? Kuithe and Fotheringham should leave as well. I don’t think they get drafted. 

That’s it really.  

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

I don’t know… anything you can learn from college coaches you can learn from NFL coaches. It’s just a matter of how invested they would be in helping him learn. Seems maybe nfl teams are less patient with running backs… but if he is able to make money now, why not do it?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt says there will be 15-17 players honored for Senior Day.